• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What new Ts are you waiting for?

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Ahhh. Makes sense. I do not breed my T's (at least not as of yet). Not enough free time to deal with it. I have 2 batches of scorpions babies and they are high maintenance!

This will be my first attempt with breeding. I have wanted to try my hand at it for a few years now. Scorpion babies are so cute the way they ride on their mamas back!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Woohoo, my 2 babies are on their way. I just got an email to say that my Cyriocosmus perezmilesi and Neostenotarsus sp Guyana have been dispatched so they'll be here tomorrow morning.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Unfortunately, I hear the same thing about T's and most True Spiders (the "I kill them whenever I see them". Surprises me a bit that this is coming from someone on this forum though. Cellar spiders are as interesting as any arachnid pet. Granted, not on the top of my list but I thrive for variety to keep my hobby interesting. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I do not have them in my house. So, for $3.00, I think it is worth it. Check out this Youtube video as maybe, just maybe (not optimistic here) it may change your perspective on the cellar spider:

Yeah we have tons of these not many spiders can get away from these guys when close by very skilled spider

swimbait

3 Year Member
Unfortunately, I do not breed my widows. I have to pull egg sacs every week or two. Due to the toxicity of their venom, I freeze the egg sacs.

Good luck finding the source of your problem. Now she sounds like a worthy pet!

Look at this beast! Thinking about capturing it, what would you house something like this in, I would think they need a decent size cage 20150129_184732 (1).jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks huge! They don't wander much. I use a medium sized arboreal T enclosure but yours looks about double the size of mine. Hard to tell exactly from the picture.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have 2 new Ts arriving next week, they should have been coming today but have been delayed by the snow and frosts. I'm getting a Phlogiellus sp. karon and a Cyriocosmus elegans

swimbait

3 Year Member
Looks huge! They don't wander much. I use a medium sized arboreal T enclosure but yours looks about double the size of mine. Hard to tell exactly from the picture.

It is huge, I took that picture from the floor and she is up in the corner of the ceiling. Probably 2.5 inches long

swimbait

3 Year Member

The next day this one was gone and about 2 weeks ago I found what I am assuming is the same one and another one in my old monitor cage. They are both big and I came home and found this today
20150306_144019 (1).jpg
by the way these things still creep me out, lmao. There is another type of spider in there I put in there in hopes they would eat like in that video, but no they are co existing at the moment

swimbait

3 Year Member
Looks like you may be a proud pappa soon based on that egg sac. Even some T's can co-exist for a short while. When they get hungry enough the battle for survival shall begin.

The spider I put in there is a common house spider, I have found them in corners of my house before with a bunch of dead spiders wrapped up on the floor so It shall be a battle forsure. There is just something about thin legged big but spiders that creep me out. I will likely let all the cellar spiders go, if only you were in CO you could have all of them lmao

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm waiting on the weather to warm up so the spider shop gets some more
Thrixopemla lagunas sent in :)
May is such along time away lol

Sym

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm waiting on the weather to warm up so the spider shop gets some more
Thrixopemla lagunas sent in :)
May is such along time away lol

Sym
It will fly by. Hard to believe it is March already! I use this time to make all my want lists, , prep enclosures, and save up the money for a BIG bunch of orders in the Spring. Most of my true spiders have survived the winter so not a big as last year.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Spring is just round the corner here in the U.K. I was keeping myself from buying anymore T's as the British tarantula society holds a show every year in May and it's now been going for 30 years. I've never been and can't wait.
I ordered the thrixopemla lagunas form the spider shop last week and I paid for it via pay pal and they got back to me saying they were out of stock. So I mailed lee a few days later asking if they were getting anymore in and he said they were waiting on better weather to ship them .
I've only been keeping T's since november last year and I have already gone past the number I said I would stick to . Lol

I only have 1 true spider in the collection and I found it in a box of crickets. I didn't know what to do with it so I've been feeding it and it's grown abit .. (Running crab spider)

Sym

Last edited:

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting species. I have never kept one. Glad to see you remove any boundaries or limits to the addiction. Spoils the fun ;)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I only have 1 true spider in the collection and I found it in a box of crickets. I didn't know what to do with it so I've been feeding it and it's grown abit .. (Running crab spider)

Sym

The ones that were in my cricket tubs have all escaped into our living room, lol. The keep wandering by the computer desk when I'm sitting at it.

Latest posts