• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What new Ts are you waiting for?

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Just thought we could all commiserate together waiting for our new Ts!

I have 10 P. scrofa slings coming from KTBG
I am also waiting on 1 P. scrofa female and 2 E. truculentus and some dubia roaches from Jamie at Jamies Tarantulas

Hoping that they all ship out the beginning of the week, but we will see what the weather decides to do.

So, what are YOU waiting on???

Morgan94

3 Year Member
I'm waiting to send off 2 aphonopelma hentzi weather permitting of course.. and im ordering some B. Albopilosum slings and probably a few more pokies.. i really want a female P. Miranda and a female P. Rufliatta. I just have to continue my search for those..

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am waiting on some new beetles (Death feigning), Two new mantis species, Two true spider species (Cellar and Spitting), Red spot assassins, some new isopods (tank cleaners), and harvestman spiders. The BIG addition is a Jerusalem Cricket! Never had one of those either. Can't wait!

Morgan94

3 Year Member
I am waiting on some new beetles (Death feigning), Two new mantis species, Two true spider species (Cellar and Spitting), Red spot assassins, some new isopods (tank cleaners), and harvestman spiders. The BIG addition is a Jerusalem Cricket! Never had one of those either. Can't wait!
If you don't mind me asking where do you get your assassin bugs and death feigning beetles? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find them :(

swimbait

3 Year Member

Why in the world would you want a cellar spider!!! I like almost all species of spiders but I absolutely hate cellar spiders, probably because they are all over my basement...the fact that somebody is ordering them online on purpose shocks me! I kill them whenever I see them, there is just something about their thin legs and big but that creeps me out. I think I have captured and kept most species of spiders that live around my house at one point or another except those things

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Why in the world would you want a cellar spider!!! I like almost all species of spiders but I absolutely hate cellar spiders, probably because they are all over my basement...the fact that somebody is ordering them online on purpose shocks me! I kill them whenever I see them, there is just something about their thin legs and big but that creeps me out. I think I have captured and kept most species of spiders that live around my house at one point or another except those things
Unfortunately, I hear the same thing about T's and most True Spiders (the "I kill them whenever I see them". Surprises me a bit that this is coming from someone on this forum though. Cellar spiders are as interesting as any arachnid pet. Granted, not on the top of my list but I thrive for variety to keep my hobby interesting. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I do not have them in my house. So, for $3.00, I think it is worth it. Check out this Youtube video as maybe, just maybe (not optimistic here) it may change your perspective on the cellar spider:

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have them walking around in the garden. So scary looking bug+ them on the loose= very scared girl. :D But please post some pictures, would love to see what you do with your enclosure. Your whole set up is awesome and frankly it has me green with envy.
What area do you live in that live monsters roam free? :eek:. Be happy to post some pics once he/she settles in. Not sure on the enclosure yet as I want to see the size first. My first one. So anyone out there with any experience keeping one is very welcome. Thanks!

swimbait

3 Year Member
Unfortunately, I hear the same thing about T's and most True Spiders (the "I kill them whenever I see them". Surprises me a bit that this is coming from someone on this forum though. Cellar spiders are as interesting as any arachnid pet. Granted, not on the top of my list but I thrive for variety to keep my hobby interesting. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I do not have them in my house. So, for $3.00, I think it is worth it. Check out this Youtube video as maybe, just maybe (not optimistic here) it may change your perspective on the cellar spider:

That was actually extremely interesting! I have never seen one of them hunt. All I know is they love my basement and have taken over my reptile room multiple times. My nile monitors cage seemed prime too them, If they weren't such an inconvenience too me I would like them much better. I actually did release a big (I'm assuming female) one into my backyard earlier this year because I had a feeling it was pregnant. Now it's winter and they won't survive outside anyways so anyone I see the next couple months is going to die. I kept a wolf spider I caught in my basement once and he survived solely on cellar spiders :p After seeing that video though who knows, the next big one I find I might just put in a jar...

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 4 black widows. They strike more terror into visitors than any other spider. But after seeing that video, I had to have one! Glad you are open minded. Certainly understand when something invades your home. No matter what, they are a nuisance. That is why I am "not allowed" to breed Dubias or any other roaches. In case they escape. No convincing the Mrs. otherwise.

Latest posts