• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ventral Sexing.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No point having goal posts if you cant move them. I should have said i dont like them to have popular , modern human names. Im pretty sure most of my ts names are fictional people.

Jacques Kotze

3 Year Member
1.jpg

Can anyone help me with this picture? Male or Female?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is a really bad glare. If you could get a pic with less glare in the center it would help. I am still learning about ventral sexing but I say male tentatively.

Atx13

3 Year Member
pics not good enough to tell, in the first one i'm seeing female, in the second one I cant really tell...

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well that is good and bad news for me then. Hercules is quite a bit bigger than flamenco :(
But Money is a lot smaller than Rapunzel. Maybe I will be lucky and get some baby hercs.
I dont know about the genics or the chromatus they seem to be growing at the same speed. If they mature as males I dont think i will be giving them away unless i find someone i really trust.

Jacques Kotze

3 Year Member
Thanks for helping out. Looking at the other posts about males growing faster, it seems that it could be a male as this one is growing very quickly. Will get some more pictures and post them here.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thats not a hard fast rule; more of a general guideline. There too many variables affecting growth rates. A female living under ideal conditions will grow and mature faster than a male living under less than ideal conditions.
I raised four G pulchra, two male two female, from the same sac, from 1" to about 5"+, under identical conditions. They are all mature, all are the same size, all molted on very similar schedules.
I am currently raising 14 G pulchra slings, started at 2i, (was 20 but I sold a few for funding purposes) under identical conditions, in an effort to confirm my previous results.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hercules is possibly a couple of milimetres longer than flamenco but chunkier although she only moulted a few weeks ago and Hercules moulted ages ago. Maybe its time to look for a few more red knees i am in love with them.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thats not a hard fast rule; more of a general guideline. There too many variables affecting growth rates. A female living under ideal conditions will grow and mature faster than a male living under less than ideal conditions.
I raised four G pulchra, two male two female, from the same sac, from 1" to about 5"+, under identical conditions. They are all mature, all are the same size, all molted on very similar schedules.
I am currently raising 14 G pulchra slings, started at 2i, (was 20 but I sold a few for funding purposes) under identical conditions, in an effort to confirm my previous results.

I work with M.Robustum, and P.Muticus the way you do with Pulchra. and under I dentical conditions, there is an obvious growth differenc between male and female members of those particular species.
I'm not suggesting that your wrong, just sharing my opposing experience. Obviously, we're talking about very different genus' here, but in my experience my males have a good head start on my ladies.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So has anyone studied Brachypelma growth rate ? I hardly ever see two of my slings. Herc is chunky and flamenco is very fine. Much as iove them all I would be sick if Herc is male. I hadnt expected to fall in love this much but herc has some kind of tarantula x factor thing.

Latest posts