• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ventral Sexing.

TJB13

3 Year Member
image.jpg

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Would be nicer with a closer picture, but judging from the book lung position, and I think I see a furrow. I'm going to have to say female. However this is just an educated guess, based on what I can see from that picture.

TJB13

3 Year Member
Yeah I tried cropping and zooming in with an app. But it wouldn't show the picture. I'm going to wait and see if I can get a better pic. She is webbed up and hidden good. Thanks

TJB13

3 Year Member
That's impressive, yeah it would be nice to get those good shots. Better than buying an expensive camera. I always have trouble because I don't have a steady hand, lens probably won't fix that though haha.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks. There was not much to see in the skin after he had finished rolling around wrestling with it.

scrible

3 Year Member
G. porteri I rescued today. Its about 3.5" in size. Any guess on the sex? I am new to this ventral sexing.

Attachments

• G.bottom1.jpg
    G.bottom1.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 41
  • G.bottom2.jpg
    G.bottom2.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 22

mary_jane

3 Year Member
Hi guys I'd really appreciate if someone could help. I think it's a female but not 100% sure. Thanks :)
Great article and thread btw

Attachments

• WP_20160722_049.jpg
    WP_20160722_049.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • WP_20160722_065.jpg
    WP_20160722_065.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27

Latest posts