• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unknown Connection Issue?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Me too....I was fine yesterday.
Screenshot_20220326-123548_Chrome.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Frustrated begins to describe it!!
I've got a couple of monitors going with cloudflare and a request in to their support. Stay tuned. I am working on it.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I had a feeling. I was hoping for the best but I still can't reproduce it reliably so I wasn't sure. If anything else funky happens or any more info or patterns become apparent please LMK

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had a feeling. I was hoping for the best but I still can't reproduce it reliably so I wasn't sure. If anything else funky happens or any more info or patterns become apparent please LMK
I only encountered it once.

With a Cloudflare SSL a DNS update will be required, if that is done improperly it can affect propagation across root and DNS servers all over the internet.

Seems DNS-relates based on the random and inconsistent nature of the errors and how/when it affects members.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Even when it's not DNS, it's DNS :p
The thing is I didn't change anything!

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
I don't know if this helps any, but I've accessed the site through a Chromebook using the latest version of Google Chrome, a MacBook with Safari version 15.4, and an iPhone running whatever the latest version of Safari happens to be on the latest version of iOS. The issues that I've faced have been primarily on the Chromebook/Chrome browser. With that setup, any attempt to access any part of the site was almost immediately met with the Error 520 notification. For the most part, refreshing that screen would take me to the original webpage that I was looking to get to, though there were a handful of occasions when it would generate another 520 Error. I have had much fewer errors pop up while using Safari on MacBook and none while using the Safari app on iPhone. I'm not sure if the coding for the mobile browser on iPhone isn't affected, or if there is something in Google Chrome that keeps tripping that error.

I'm using the following:
Google Chromebook Go
Apple MacBook Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max

I don't have a windows computer to try it on and I haven't tried accessing the site through Edge, Firefox, Opera, or any other browsers beyond Chrome and Safari. Chrome has produced the most consistent and numerous errors, though I use the Chromebook for the bulk of my internet usage.

I don't know if this helps any, but I've accessed the site through a Chromebook using the latest version of Google Chrome, a MacBook with Safari version 15.4, and an iPhone running whatever the latest version of Safari happens to be on the latest version of iOS. The issues that I've faced have been primarily on the Chromebook/Chrome browser. With that setup, any attempt to access any part of the site was almost immediately met with the Error 520 notification. For the most part, refreshing that screen would take me to the original webpage that I was looking to get to, though there were a handful of occasions when it would generate another 520 Error. I have had much fewer errors pop up while using Safari on MacBook and none while using the Safari app on iPhone. I'm not sure if the coding for the mobile browser on iPhone isn't affected, or if there is something in Google Chrome that keeps tripping that error.

I'm using the following:
Google Chromebook Go
Apple MacBook Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max

I don't have a windows computer to try it on and I haven't tried accessing the site through Edge, Firefox, Opera, or any other browsers beyond Chrome and Safari. Chrome has produced the most consistent and numerous errors, though I use the Chromebook for the bulk of my internet usage.
If it helps troubleshoot it, I've been experiencing the error in Chrome and Edge, but not firefox. I haven't experienced it yet today, but I also only just was able to log in as I had work.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Repeatedly when clicking on the New Posts red button in the mobile app from android/Chrome browser

Screenshot_20220329-214716.png

For what it's worth, tarantula forum is showing up in my search engine again. And not just a link to the search engine or discussions portion of tarantulaforum.

Still having to refresh home page like when clicking the mail icon.

Also I tried several, several times last week to update my subscription... it simply didn't work.

Keep up the good work.

Latest posts