• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The waiting is over

DeanoMolly

3 Year Member
Your a saint for being so patient!! I'm usually moaning all morning when expecting a t, telling my wife that if the spider isn't here the postman getting an ear full, then I move on to moan the breeder better of sent it on time! Then when it arrives I jump around like a kid! So I think I'd of been in full meltdown mode in your position! Have you had/got sp reds already enn49???

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@DeanoMolly I'm really worrying about them now, temps are down around 50 deg F at night here.

I had a tiny sp red sling until a few weeks ago but it died during or just after a moult. A real little character that I really miss so I'm getting another. I hope this one is as full of personality as the other was.

DeanoMolly

3 Year Member
I can really appreciate your concern, I'm in the South east of England and for the first time in ages I actually put on my winter fleece to go to work, although I do start at 4am, but we're starting to get a right chill!

Although I read today about the guy whod moved into a new house in Bristol 3 weeks ago and out of no were he had a parcel turn up, it was a salmon pink! The guy must of pooped himself lol! But it was in the postal service for 3 weeks apparently and apart from being a little dehydrated it was fine!

Sorry just trying to help

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@DeanoMolly I'm in N. Yorkshire and these last couple of nights have been really chill. I can't believe that LP survived 3 weeks. I'd love to have seen the guys face lol. These 2 I'm getting are tiny, just 2nd/3rd instars.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Still nothing. Poor little things, it's not looking good for them.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
@enn sorry to here your haveing this problem
if u remember i had a similar thing with the first four a,versi i orderd the royal mail didnt deliver them on time & i had to weight till the monday, wich was 5 days shiping & all arived well, i contacted the seller & they told me not to worry as they are ok for up to 7 days in the shipping tubs as long as there packed well !!! i would contact royal mail to find out whats going on with them & where they are !!!
when i contacted royal mail abought mine they started the blame game,:mad: but when i explaind i just wanted to no where my Ts were & when i could expect them they were more help full & agreed to put them some where warm untill they were ready for delivery :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@spidey noob The annoying thing is that the tracking number worked perfectly in Poland but not here. I emailed the seller and he got the same results as me. They left Poland at 03.29 Tuesday morning. Royal Mail say they could be delayed by customs and to wait up to 20 days.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
sorry to here that :( (20 days is going to be a long weight) i do belive customs have to provide proper care for them untill they decide what there doing with them !!! (so at least they should be safe)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@spidey noob If I knew that's where they are it wouldn't be so bad but having had a parcel containing 2 Ts fall out the back of the Mail van before (luckily found before anything awful happened) I shall continue to worry.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm still waiting for these 2 little scraps but not holding out much hope for them arriving alive now. The temperature was down to 40 deg F in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's not good. Was the seller sending with LAG (live arrival guarantee?)? I know it's not their fault the RM has messed up, but maybe they can complain on your behalf, too.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No, no LAG . I have been in touch with the seller and he reckoned all would be ok but that was on Friday.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
I can't belive u still haven't got them, it's a total disgrace on rm part. Were they sent but special delivery ???
Shurely they can trace the package for u !!!

spidey noob

3 Year Member
i get u may not be able to track the parcle, but royal mail must no where it is !!!
i have a friend who works for them i will see if they can help u ;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@spidey noob I have emailed Royal Mail explaining there are live insects in the parcel but not heard back yet, of course they are closed over the weekend so any help would be great..

spidey noob

3 Year Member
Hope fully they will get back to u soon.
I managed to speak to the postie when he dropped a parcel off for me, basically he says your Ts are most likely still @ customs & u won't be able to get any info abought where they are untill they clear them :( witch can take up to 8 weeks in some cases.
Also your Ts will just be put in to a pile untill they check them, no care given at all :(

Latest posts