• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The waiting is over

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am just so relieved that they're ok. I don't think I'd realised how worried I was about them. I was in town having lunch with a friend when my son texted me to say they'd arrived but he was rushing out so he hadn't unpacked them and by the time I got home I was shaking, so sure they'd be DOAs. The delight when I unwrapped those pipettes and saw the H. mac sprawled out chilling out the side then the tiny sp red doing a runner down to the bottom as I opened the pipette. The H. mac was amazingly calm as I rehoused it :D.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am just so relieved that they're ok. I don't think I'd realised how worried I was about them. I was in town having lunch with a friend when my son texted me to say they'd arrived but he was rushing out so he hadn't unpacked them and by the time I got home I was shaking, so sure they'd be DOAs. The delight when I unwrapped those pipettes and saw the H. mac sprawled out chilling out the side then the tiny sp red doing a runner down to the bottom as I opened the pipette. The H. mac was amazingly calm as I rehoused it :D.

It's lulling you into a false sense of security, lol. You think you're safe, then one day BAM! Facehugger.
Seriously though, I'm gad for you the wait is over and the slings are alive and well.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's lulling you into a false sense of security, lol. You think you're safe, then one day BAM! Facehugger.
Seriously though, I'm gad for you the wait is over and the slings are alive and well.

Lol. At least the container I've put the H. mac it is going to last it a while. They've both gone into hiding for now so I shall feed them tomorrow.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Enn, been watching this thread hoping for a happy ending. Awesome they finally arrived safely and in your care.
Two nice species, I really enjoy my H. maculata kids, rather bashful though.
Enjoy them!
[emoji3]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Therasoid Thank you. I've already had an E. sp red and was gutted when it died straight after moulting and missed it so much I bought another. I'm looking forward to watching the H. maculata grow.

Last edited:

Latest posts