• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Brachypelma emilia, Chiquito has moulted today
DSCF8737.JPG

tapkoote

3 Year Member
WOW this is a huge thread!!!
Yes I'm new, and so is Anastaisia, a pet shop rescue and my first T.
Got her in August @ 3 3/4 inches B-smithi.
Quit eating Dec. 6th ( two crickets that night) and a huge drink of water Dec. 8th, that was the last I think. She had two crickets in with her for a week, they all three slept together by the heat source, thats when I got the crickets out. Yes I know crickets left too long can be a threat. Sort of have a different view on feeding-don't do as I do. This is a large spider.
She's now gone through all kinds of activities. Got to film her laying down hairs on the path to the bed, she laid down the next day. Filmed her laying hairs and web in a corner. Couple weeks later she walked around with her abdomen up off the ground to inspect the area, and check the water dish hadn't moved. I'd guess she was checking for lack of crickets/predators.
Should be any day now, her abdomen -opisthosoma- (hope thats right) is smaller than when I brought her home. Lets see if I can get some pics up here.IMG_6971.JPGpremolt 3.JPGIMG_7257.jpgIMG_7259.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Busy weekend! Colt, my L. itabunae molted yesterday.
20170128_161731.jpg

Then we rehoused my B. emilia, she didn't want to stay in the catch cup but choose my son's wrist to lounge on instead.
20170128_164140.jpg

Next my P. sazimai Bahia molted early this morning. Barely see the molt in the pic so I circled it.
20170128_175226.jpg

Here's his new skin, he's maybe half inch now
20170128_165513.jpg

My son's B. smithi made a pact with my sazimai, they molted about the same time.
20170128_165550.jpg

My tiny little A. seemanni BCF didn't want to be left out. I couldn't get any pics of him though he's up in his burrow and they didn't turn out so you could see him.

Thug, my B. albiceps has a new friend.
20170128_170059.jpg

I went to feed him and found them like this. But I guess the roach was trash talking, he was impaled on Thugs fangs 5 minutes later.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Today must be a good day to moult, I had 3 today, Holothele sanguiniceps, Arima, Omothymus schioedtei, Lapan, and Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua, Nicarao.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The queen B, Marley, my son's GBB molted Saturday. All we could photograph is the partially destroyed molt.
20170212_212813.jpg

With my son playing with it, of course ;)

timc

3 Year Member
My B. albopilosum molted late last night. I hadn't had a molt since November and I get two yesterday! The albo looks to be close to two inches and my diversipes seems to have even beat that! Somebody is gonna need a new enclosure.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My little Psalmopoeus irminia, Sierra, moulted last night and today my Thrigmopoeus truculentus, Ratta, one of the Phlogiellus sp. Khao sok, Hying, and my son's Brachypelma smithi, Nevado, moulted.

The only picture is the P. irminia, Sierra
DSCF9078 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
2 more moults today, Avicularia laeta, Frio, and Psalmopoeus cambridgei, Kairi. are sporting new outfits.

I have 4 small arboreal containers side by side and all 4 occupants have moulted within the last 9 days.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son's B. boehmei "Koby" molted yesterday, he hopes she'll quit being so moody now so he can handle her again.
20170220_221014[1].jpg

His P. vitatta also molted on Thursday the 16th. Maybe now he'll be too big for the little nook in the cork bark he's been using as a hide so we can see him more ;) I haven't yet gotten a pic to turn out for him since he molted.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thug, my B. albiceps molted last thursday (2/23). Forgot to post it here ;) got a few more in premolt - Satin, Redrum, Black, and Moe. Hopefully they molt soon :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Redrum molted yesterday.
20170315_232200.jpg

And Duke has new skin, looks like he molted maybe a week ago in his burrow. I couldn't get a pic of him though

Attachments

• 20170315_232200.jpg
    20170315_232200.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13

Latest posts