1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree with Clownie. Tough guy he is. I doubt he'd have gone to the ER if he didn't have a dislocated pinkie. He did say something I want to emphasize: it is impossible to have an allergic reaction to T venom. It is too primitive. The various protein moieties in the venom are too small to be taken up by an antigen presenting cell. In fact, no allergic reaction has ever been documented. Benadryl is for intense burning and itching from non allergic inflammation. It is not used to stop or prevent an allergic reaction.