• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Share your collection

Wg25

3 Year Member
IMG-20151225-WA0020.jpg

Wow some of you guys have some insanely awesome setups!!!! :) :) :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Forgot to photo with the leds on. Day and night mode but this is current set up. The bottom LHS and Bottom RHS in pic 1 is to be filled shortly. The tanks either side of the bed are for my 2 Pokies (Gooty and Ivory Ornamenral). All tanks are in my bedroom so limited with expansion atm!!!
Although a garage conversion is on the books I reckon.....lol
20151226_125514.jpg
20151226_125605.jpg

Wg25

3 Year Member
Forgot to photo with the leds on. Day and night mode but this is current set up. The bottom LHS and Bottom RHS in pic 1 is to be filled shortly. The tanks either side of the bed are for my 2 Pokies (Gooty and Ivory Ornamenral). All tanks are in my bedroom so limited with expansion atm!!!
View attachment 13023 View attachment 13024
Awesome setup Phil! I like the 2 tarantulas beside your bed :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I wouldn't recommend housing tarantulas in your garage, too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer.

Not if it's done properly. I did my garage at my previous house for my snakes, it was insulated and had a split air conditioner which kept the temps steady summer and winter.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome setup Phil! I like the 2 tarantulas beside your bed :)
Thanks..... the girlfriend is not so sure but there are screwe'd lids to prevent any escapes....lol. The bed has a TV in the base as so I am trying to work out how to motorise a tank to come up and scare her now....lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not if it's done properly. I did my garage at my previous house for my snakes, it was insulated and had a split air conditioner which kept the temps steady summer and winter.
Would welcome any advice on garage conversion. Had considered and outside office but giving up on that. The garage is integral to the house and so not as "exposed" as some

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 13023 View attachment 13024
I'd hate to have loose crickets inside the bedside enclosures. Though you'll have forest sounds all through the night. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha ha....yes, no such thing as "silent" crickets IMHO. The spider room needs to be returned to a bedroom for one of my kids so I am taking one for the team.

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
that would be funny to toss a couple crickets in just before bed and be laying there and hear a "scuffle" and know exactly what it was lol no more chirping outta that guy hahaha

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha ha...yes. silence is golden knowing that the Ts are having a mI'dnight feast.

Latest posts