• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please look at the following

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I realize that most of this discussion is quite old, but I'm happy I found this place first. Old comments give helpful insight into getting to know the people you are talking to.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Not pertinent to the "other forum" discussion, but regarding the 'search' problem, I have found that if you go to Google and first type in the Forum's name, then what you're searching for, you get better results. For example: "tarantulaforum - other forum bashing" Google does way better searches than our forums do.

Tnoob

"Other" forums I have frequented sometimes have people who are less than helpful. I'd post a pic or post what an enclosure looked like and most were nice n helpful. A few, however, acted like I was a nothing and treated my ideas or enclosure like I was a nothing and he/she was a T god and his/her way was the only way.
All I want is feedback or a reply that I'm doing ok. Not belittling a newbie like myself.
I love it here!!!
I've actually had this problem here myself. Also new, hard to want to come on here.

Tnoob

Can
Who mentions it constantly? Neither myself nor SpiderDad mention it constantly..he made one comment, I've made like three comments, maybe four or twelve..I also enjoy keeping large South American terrestrials, I've mentioned that 20 times...is that annoying you as well? You know what? Fine Chubbs. Just so I don't annoy you any more, I wont comment about arachnoboards unless someone directly asks me to. Ok?
you tell me about arachnoboards? Lol

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The mental thing to remember is that it's hard to NOT think about something. For instance if I said DON'T think about an OBT on your head when you go to bed, that's exactly what's going to be on your mind.

If I suggested thinking about what pizza you are going to order before dinner, that's a much better alternative.

Therefore, I try not to name the bad guys.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The mental thing to remember is that it's hard to NOT think about something. For instance if I said DON'T think about an OBT on your head when you go to bed, that's exactly what's going to be on your mind.

If I suggested thinking about what pizza you are going to order before dinner, that's a much better alternative.

Therefore, I try not to name the bad guys.
Their are still some excellent people on the site. Unfortunately they're outnumbered by idiots that think they know something we don't..and of course, those are the twats that post the most.

Tnoob

No, because I'm just not going to talk ****, that's not what I came here for. I'm not on AB either. Just going to ignore people, and see what happens. You I like, Mass, but I don't don't really care what people think either.

Tnoob

Hmm. But it's not like AB right? I'm one of those people who have no concept of myself, or how others see me. Because deep down, I don't care. So..tell me of these negative mother****ers. Who acted like that with a newb here?
I may go to AB after I get my cyriopogopus robustus to breed.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Over 4.5 years and how in the hell did I miss this WONDERFUL thread?! :)

I could have SO much fun trolling this without even TRYING. Do this **** in my SLEEP....all night long!!!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Over 4.5 years and how in the hell did I miss this WONDERFUL thread?! :)

I could have SO much fun trolling this without even TRYING. Do this **** in my SLEEP....all night long!!!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!
If you like this thread, than you would have died laughing at my furious blowup on ab that got me banned years ago. Mods got it too, in private responses, it was ****ing glorious. I still chuckle at the memory. I wish I could post a link but it was deleted. I can't even remember what name I used tbh, I was a noob at the time. Terrible moderation on that **** hole forum.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you like this thread, than you would have died laughing at my furious blowup on ab that got me banned years ago. Mods got it too, in private responses, it was ****ing glorious. I still chuckle at the memory. I wish I could post a link but it was deleted. I can't even remember what name I used tbh, I was a noob at the time. Terrible moderation on that **** hole forum.

I got into it with one mod there.....a debate in a thread over a supposed "hybrid" P. irminia. I ended up getting put in time out for 30 days for arguing with a mod or "questioning" his authority or some ****. If you're wrong, I'm gonna tell you you're wrong if I'm 99.99% accurate.... I don't care if you're a mod, a 30 year hobbyist or the president, himself. I was stating "proven" fact and he was beating around the bush....talking circles. I got heated (as I usually do) and for about 3 minutes I cut loose on him......he was such a smart ass the entire time...I think that's what got me the most. It wasn't so much as him being wrong and my proving him wrong....but it was the way he put it in text....and I say "he" because I know it was a male mod.....I just can't remember his name. The only fair/unbiased mod on that Forum is AphonopelmaTX (imo). It appears the "wolf pack" may be migrating here from there......oh and I just can't wait.....

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Damn! You got banned as a NOOB?! Kudos!! :):D:cool::beer:

I knew you were awesome....

Latest posts