• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please look at the following

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank Goodness I belong to a great forum,and first tell someone they've done something wrong then doing it again I will warn someone. If deleting a post,it is usually due to inappropriate content etc. Then things are looked passed like,derogatory comments and insults but posting in a section gets warned and deemed inappropriate.

Saying this again, thank goodness for this forum,hope I spend many more years here. Share laughs and stories,and just general info etc. Since in the end,fun and enjoyment is what a hobby is made to bring.

hellknite

3 Year Member
Something I missed while I was away? I guess..

Anyway, what made me stay here is that we are a community here keeping the hobby fired up. I know the mods are doing a great job here.

Let's all take time to review and ponder on the guidelines again.

Staying here is part of the addiction and the hobby... after all T keeping isn't just a hobby, It's becoming an art..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really like this forum. There is another board I signed up to when I was looking for tarantula forums, but I never wound up posting anything there. Everyone is so helpful here and generally pleasant especially for a new comer. It really is a great community here.
I believe I know which forum you speak of...

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
"Other" forums I have frequented sometimes have people who are less than helpful. I'd post a pic or post what an enclosure looked like and most were nice n helpful. A few, however, acted like I was a nothing and treated my ideas or enclosure like I was a nothing and he/she was a T god and his/her way was the only way.
All I want is feedback or a reply that I'm doing ok. Not belittling a newbie like myself.
I love it here!!!

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok I just have to say it, I do get annoyed when I see people or a person who feels the need to constantly remind us of how much they hate a particular forum. It just strikes me as a very childish thing to do.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok I just have to say it, I do get annoyed when I see people or a person who feels the need to constantly remind us of how much they hate a particular forum. It just strikes me as a very childish thing to do.
Just out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to defend that particular forum? I don't really understand your position on this one..We all know there's good people there, Chubbs, we're not blind to that. Don't take it so personally.. there's just too much negativity there. Many, many people feel this way, so why not get over it? You have stock in arachnolords?:p

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
First time for me talking about that forum. I like 95% of the people on there, BUT there are a couple of the same people that constantly talk ir "type" down to others because they feel that they are arachno gods.
He was probably talking about me. I make it clear to everyone that I don't like the site. I don't like a few of the mods either. No big deal, but when I say it, I guess it's a warning that I'm not going to put up with same thing here, the talking down to new people, the "My opinion is right and yours isn't" attitude, all the crap that goes on over there. These spiders are really alien to people just starting out, so questions that may seem foolish to us will be asked by newer hobbyists. Berating them, talking down to them, laughing at them for simple questions is juvenile and idiotic. I really despise some of the people in this hobby..What's funny is the mods over there should be nipping it in the bud, instead they hand out bans to people who finally lose it on the (lol) "elitist" idiots and let them have it. Rather ironic, and proof positive that the site is trash. There's some great info stored there, and I still use the classifieds occasionally, but it's a rare occurrence anymore. Too much pollution in the air. I think much of the problem is this : Some of the regulars over there are on the forum constantly, so they see the same questions from new people, the same responses, the same stuff over and over again and they lose their patience and start acting like smarmy little silky boys, taking every opportunity to criticize anyone they can. What they need to do is step away for a bit, live their lives, get a job, whatever...and when they come back, it won't seem so stale and annoying anymore. Just my opinion :) Then there's the toadies...lmao, those guys take the cake. Gotta love a buttkisser..comic relief right there...Some guy has been keeping spiders 30 years, and all the sudden his opinion is fact, and don't you dare tell him he's an old lady, you'll get mobbed by toadies, ribbiting away as they flock to protect the Granny Know it all..lol, ok I'll stop now..Whew, can you tell I have some built up angst? :) Hate that trash site. Hate it, Chubbs. ;)

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Lol. I've learned from people there, and bought from classifieds. But u are right. People are on it so much that they're often the first to post on all threads, and get tired of the same questions.
I've been on many forums over the years and you just get those kind of people everywhere I guess. That one for some reason has the "search" function and it never works for me. Trust me, I've learned a long time ago, search is ur friend, but if it's not working what to do.
No biggie. I just wanna learn as much as I can, and show off what I have learned, as well as my beautiful T's

Fleas

3 Year Member
Lol. I've learned from people there, and bought from classifieds. But u are right. People are on it so much that they're often the first to post on all threads, and get tired of the same questions.
I've been on many forums over the years and you just get those kind of people everywhere I guess. That one for some reason has the "search" function and it never works for me. Trust me, I've learned a long time ago, search is ur friend, but if it's not working what to do.
No biggie. I just wanna learn as much as I can, and show off what I have learned, as well as my beautiful T's
U can't get the search to work but at least you could get to the classifieds I can't find it for some reason, I can find the vendors reviews o_O

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He was probably talking about me. I make it clear to everyone that I don't like the site. I don't like a few of the mods either. No big deal, but when I say it, I guess it's a warning that I'm not going to put up with same thing here, the talking down to new people, the "My opinion is right and yours isn't" attitude, all the crap that goes on over there. These spiders are really alien to people just starting out, so questions that may seem foolish to us will be asked by newer hobbyists. Berating them, talking down to them, laughing at them for simple questions is juvenile and idiotic. I really despise some of the people in this hobby..What's funny is the mods over there should be nipping it in the bud, instead they hand out bans to people who finally lose it on the (lol) "elitist" idiots and let them have it. Rather ironic, and proof positive that the site is trash. There's some great info stored there, and I still use the classifieds occasionally, but it's a rare occurrence anymore. Too much pollution in the air. I think much of the problem is this : Some of the regulars over there are on the forum constantly, so they see the same questions from new people, the same responses, the same stuff over and over again and they lose their patience and start acting like smarmy little silky boys, taking every opportunity to criticize anyone they can. What they need to do is step away for a bit, live their lives, get a job, whatever...and when they come back, it won't seem so stale and annoying anymore. Just my opinion :) Then there's the toadies...lmao, those guys take the cake. Gotta love a buttkisser..comic relief right there...Some guy has been keeping spiders 30 years, and all the sudden his opinion is fact, and don't you dare tell him he's an old lady, you'll get mobbed by toadies, ribbiting away as they flock to protect the Granny Know it all..lol, ok I'll stop now..Whew, can you tell I have some built up angst? :) Hate that trash site. Hate it, Chubbs. ;)
I know this why do you feel the need to tell me again?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Expressing one's opinion is childish and immature? How so? I still don't understand..
That's not what I said at all. It's the manner in which it is done and feeling the need to mention it constantly.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's not what I said at all. It's the manner in which it is done and feeling the need to mention it constantly.
Who mentions it constantly? Neither myself nor SpiderDad mention it constantly..he made one comment, I've made like three comments, maybe four or twelve..I also enjoy keeping large South American terrestrials, I've mentioned that 20 times...is that annoying you as well? You know what? Fine Chubbs. Just so I don't annoy you any more, I wont comment about arachnoboards unless someone directly asks me to. Ok?