• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please look at the following

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got into it with one mod there.....a debate in a thread over a supposed "hybrid" P. irminia. I ended up getting put in time out for 30 days for arguing with a mod or "questioning" his authority or some ****. If you're wrong, I'm gonna tell you you're wrong if I'm 99.99% accurate.... I don't care if you're a mod, a 30 year hobbyist or the president, himself. I was stating "proven" fact and he was beating around the bush....talking circles. I got heated (as I usually do) and for about 3 minutes I cut loose on him......he was such a smart ass the entire time...I think that's what got me the most. It wasn't so much as him being wrong and my proving him wrong....but it was the way he put it in text....and I say "he" because I know it was a male mod.....I just can't remember his name. The only fair/unbiased mod on that Forum is AphonopelmaTX (imo). It appears the "wolf pack" may be migrating here from there......oh and I just can't wait.....
I've spoken with Aphonopelma TX before, good dude. The other mods there have no comprehension of what a moderator on a free forum's job is. But then again, it's not a free forum..its a **** hole that may once have been great. Too many toadies and knowitalls that just vomit up what they've been told by their "superiors"...lmfao..

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I believe this is the P irminia x cambridgi hybrid. Other pictures were on Facebook as well.

DSCF0716Small.jpg

It's actually not a bad looking spider, but then again so are the parents!!

FB_IMG_1565828745911.jpg
FB_IMG_1565828754753.jpg

Diabolical spider Lord did the deed. I do not endorse this in any way.

Crax

I know this is an old thread and a certain forum name shall not be mentioned. My experience from that dark drudge filled ditch was not pleasant. It was at first but then I began doing what any spooder mommy would do and share pics. It went down hill from there. Not only do they like to edit your pictures for you but also forum threads. Just one particular mod did this. I didn't even get the courtesy of a message asking to change it. They just messaged me saying they just did it and even changed the name of the thread.

I then decided to quit the forum for a while but thought ok maybe this one person was having a bad week or just in general giving them the benefit of the doubt. Nope. I posted a pic on there two weeks ago and yesterday the same mod who changed everything in my own thread, said I needed to put up the species name of my spider. They proceeded to tell me, even though its obvious to me, it's not to others. I shot back a question that having it under the correct genius isn't enough considering it's pretty obvious at that point what it is. They haven't answered it and I don't intend on returning.

I liked it here so much that I became a premium member today. I don't mind giving my money to support a site that actually supports others instead of belittling them.

With that all out of the way and said, thanks for being here! So far I'm having a great time reading threads here.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know this is an old thread and a certain forum name shall not be mentioned. My experience from that dark drudge filled ditch was not pleasant. It was at first but then I began doing what any spooder mommy would do and share pics. It went down hill from there. Not only do they like to edit your pictures for you but also forum threads. Just one particular mod did this. I didn't even get the courtesy of a message asking to change it. They just messaged me saying they just did it and even changed the name of the thread.

I then decided to quit the forum for a while but thought ok maybe this one person was having a bad week or just in general giving them the benefit of the doubt. Nope. I posted a pic on there two weeks ago and yesterday the same mod who changed everything in my own thread, said I needed to put up the species name of my spider. They proceeded to tell me, even though its obvious to me, it's not to others. I shot back a question that having it under the correct genius isn't enough considering it's pretty obvious at that point what it is. They haven't answered it and I don't intend on returning.

I liked it here so much that I became a premium member today. I don't mind giving my money to support a site that actually supports others instead of belittling them.

With that all out of the way and said, thanks for being here! So far I'm having a great time reading threads here.
So glad you have chosen to return and what an accurate description of the site that shall not be named. Made me smile. I agree with you. $9 or whatever it is to help this fantastic forum stay fantastic is a very small price to pay.
Plus I know some of the staff members personally and they would NEVER treat you the way that Mod did!
Enjoy being part of our wonderful family.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got into it with one mod there.....a debate in a thread over a supposed "hybrid" P. irminia. I ended up getting put in time out for 30 days for arguing with a mod or "questioning" his authority or some ****. If you're wrong, I'm gonna tell you you're wrong if I'm 99.99% accurate.... I don't care if you're a mod, a 30 year hobbyist or the president, himself. I was stating "proven" fact and he was beating around the bush....talking circles. I got heated (as I usually do) and for about 3 minutes I cut loose on him......he was such a smart ass the entire time...I think that's what got me the most. It wasn't so much as him being wrong and my proving him wrong....but it was the way he put it in text....and I say "he" because I know it was a male mod.....I just can't remember his name. The only fair/unbiased mod on that Forum is AphonopelmaTX (imo). It appears the "wolf pack" may be migrating here from there......oh and I just can't wait.....

I've seen pics of tarantulas that purport to be P irminia x P cambridgi hybrids, guess the males somehow got mixed up.

They were actually nice looking tarantulas... but so were the parents!!

Generally this sort of thing is discouraged, especially for profit.

E

ExMember

I actually remember that situation!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Speak your lovely minds and be as unprofessional as possible at all times. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's one good thing about this forum....we're mostly about ****'s and giggles....well, at least I am, anyway.....

E

ExMember

Definitely! Hope you stick around too. You'll like it here :)

I just want a forum without the passive agressive people and the picking favorites by mods. I don't like getting into stupid arguments on etymology and crap like that.

Haven't seen any of that here. I actually defended some more argumentative folks over there and in the end they just stabbed me in the back.

I don't seek conflict, only to talk about everyones obsession. Tarantulas and our other pets.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've once again emerged from my burrow.

I've been preoccupied with getting out a few glitches on the 68 cougar.

The Ts are for the most part ok. Nyx the cat is concerned...as always.