• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Other Hobbies

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice. Always found Human skulls to be an interesting potential hobby, but expensive. Animal wise I'll only collect fossils though. Go Fig..

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I highly respect that. I just like fossils, I have a nice little collections of Meg teeth, and a couple whites. Like 'em much better than the modern day real thing.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've written a couple short stories, lots and lots of poetry. I'm currently in the process of trying to write a novel though :) Never really had anything published...unless you count a poetry contest throughout the city (all the high schools were involved and my teacher submitted mine because I wouldn't) that I won 2nd place in lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool, what's the novel about? I'm writing a book about my nutty horse. There is a Web site called lover of darkness you should look at if you get a chance.

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
I'm a big reader. I'm also an amateur novel writer (on my 7th one). I like to draw, play video games, and ride my horse.
I collect comic books, action figures, breyer horse models, weapons (not guns), and Tolkien memorabilia. I'm also big into cartoons and have a degree in animation.

adz07

3 Year Member
I am into playing paintball whenever I get the chance I have attempted to bankrupt me and my good lady purchasing my kit to play in/with each new thing I get is always the last one till I see something else shiny :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Computer games, board games, baseball/football cards, comic books, landscaping, Reading (Sci Fi, Fantasy, Action, and History), golf, biking, weight lifting, fishing and swimming.

Prudance

3 Year Member
I have a bunch of hobbies I picked up along the way in this life. Many of the newer hobbies have been hugely influences by me being a mom. For the past 10 years I picked up knitting, spinning yarn, sewing, cooking and gardening. I just started knitting a series of arm warmers and gloves to give out for the winter holidays.

The hobby I've loved the longest is research and academic writing. I used to spend hours in the library reading the encyclopedias and dictionary, now with the internet and my personal book collection I can spend days looking things up. My favorite subjects are mythology, psychology, iconography, religion, the evolution of mores and folkways through history and lots more. I'm quite fond of picking a single concept and studying it from multiple perspectives. I am a forever student, aka a geek!

tommyhilly

I apologize, but why did everyone forget about this thread? I think everyone here has other hobbies except our favorite spiders. I also want to tell you about my hobbies - I like to draw, sometimes I paint with watercolors, because it dries fast, but more often just with a pencil. I used to write poems, but the muse has not come to me for a long time, so I have not been writing for two years. Recently found my new hobby - DIY crafting. I never thought that it would be interesting to me.
And of course, on the eve of the new year, I decorate the apartment. There is not enough time for this, but that's what I've got.

P.S. Tell me for the future - is it better to write in an old thread or create a new one?
photo_2021.jpg