• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OMG This is messed up sooo much

PokemonLover

3 Year Member
Guys please, pleeease help me. My boehmei just lost 3 legs on its left side and 1 pedipalp on the left too. Im very sad about this omg is my boehmei okay? Will it be okay? Will it still regenerate after losing so much parts? Daaaaarn.. my boehmei is a sling about 1inch now..

PokemonLover

3 Year Member
It was an accident. I was about to feed it when suddenly It ran and hides under my cabinet, but my cabinet was a bit crooked so it will move so easily. Suddenly the cabinet rocked a bit when I was trying to get my T and caught my boehmei's legs and pedipalp. I cant post a pic because I'm not home. I was a while ago, but I have school. Daaarn please help..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well..its in God's hands now. I'm sorry but it will either molt out of the damage or it will die. That's a lot of trauma, even for an animal that can regenerate damaged or lost limbs.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really sorry. But its not over yet. They can be surprisingly resilient, you may want to look up some threads on arachnoboards about what you can do to help it. It may survive to molt out of it...

micheldied

3 Year Member
Was anything apart from the limbs damaged? If it's only lost limbs, it could likely survive. I've seen spiders survive multiple lost limbs.
You're going to have to offer it crushed and prekilled food, and make sure it always has an easily accessible water dish. Pretty much make soup out of whatever you're feeding it. Keep it in a smaller enclosure so it can access everything easily, but make sure there's enough room to molt.

PokemonLover

3 Year Member
Was anything apart from the limbs damaged? If it's only lost limbs, it could likely survive. I've seen spiders survive multiple lost limbs.
You're going to have to offer it crushed and prekilled food, and make sure it always has an easily accessible water dish. Pretty much make soup out of whatever you're feeding it. Keep it in a smaller enclosure so it can access everything easily, but make sure there's enough room to molt.

Okay but when should I start feeding it? It has lost its limbs a while ago.

micheldied

3 Year Member
Okay but when should I start feeding it? It has lost its limbs a while ago.

You can try any time, since you're offering it dead food. Just make sure you remove it if it isn't eaten. Is the spider moving normally (minus the whole missing limbs thing) otherwise? Is it damaged anywhere else you can see? And is it still bleeding?

PokemonLover

3 Year Member
You can try any time, since you're offering it dead food. Just make sure you remove it if it isn't eaten. Is the spider moving normally (minus the whole missing limbs thing) otherwise? Is it damaged anywhere else you can see? And is it still bleeding?
Its not bleeding but one leg has a some kind of wound, its just sticking out of the leg. But its so small, its red and small, idk..

micheldied

3 Year Member
Its not bleeding but one leg has a some kind of wound, its just sticking out of the leg. But its so small, its red and small, idk..

Ts don't have red blood. If it isn't bleeding, and it didn't suffer any internal damage, it should be able to regrow those limbs.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can't add anything to this but wanted to say I'm so sorry :( Hoping your little one pulls through.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It was an accident. I was about to feed it when suddenly It ran and hides under my cabinet, but my cabinet was a bit crooked so it will move so easily. Suddenly the cabinet rocked a bit when I was trying to get my T and caught my boehmei's legs and pedipalp. I cant post a pic because I'm not home. I was a while ago, but I have school. Daaarn please help..

I'm confused...I was just on another forum where you said you were rehousing it when it ran up your shirt and you slapped at it? Also, in the first post you say that it just lost its legs, but later say that it happened "a while ago". Which is it?

As others have stated, if it's not currently bleeding and if it's still able to to move, it could be okay, If it can eat, it can molt and regrow the legs and pedipalp. I would feed it prekilled for the time being, as it will likely have a difficult time hunting with many of its legs gone. I hope that it pulls through. Is it moving around at all?

Last edited:

PokemonLover

3 Year Member
I'm confused...I was just on another forum where you said you were rehousing it when it ran up your shirt and you slapped at it? Also, in the first post you say that it just lost its legs, but later say that it happened "a while ago". Which is it?

As other have stated, if it's not currently bleeding and if it's still able to to move, it could be okay, If it can eat, it can molt and regrow the legs and pedipalp. I would feed it prekilled for the time being, as it will likely have a difficult time hunting with many of its legs gone. I hope that it pulls through. Is it moving around at all?

Its still moving a bit. But not walking or running, it's just moving.
maybe that's just somebody framing me? I don't have any account on other forums than here. I like this forum and I will stick to this one.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Its still moving a bit. But not walking or running, it's just moving.
maybe that's just somebody framing me? I don't have any account on other forums than here. I like this forum and I will stick to this one.

Well now...this just got bizarre.

In that case, I would head over to Arachnoboards immediately then and inform them that there is someone with your name (PokemonLover) and your avatar posting a VERY similar question to the on you have posted here...:confused:

Seriously?

Latest posts