• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’m glad your 99.9% sure. But I’m 100% saying the first one is definitely a Psalmopoeus. Your shipping list may say auratum but that’s most likely the second picture not the first. I’ve seen enough Psalmopoeus slings to know what they look like.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Picture below is a brachypelma albiceps (pretty much all brachypelma look like this at this size, including you Auratum)
15116F6E-A4BC-4A34-BAB3-C6C948C29BE6.png
below is a picture of a molt I’ve just pulled out of our Psalmopoeus Irminias enclosure (I didn’t post a picture of the actual spider as it’s now got adult colours so looks different to the one you have)
267CAE42-B2C4-4171-807F-E301F6554A1D.jpeg

and below is our brachypelma auratum, it’s around about the size of your Psalmopoeus sling (first picture)
3FB0FA7D-DAD7-402F-9CA7-ACDE47E47592.jpeg

Im genuinely not being an arsehole and just trying to help. Psalmopoeus are arboreal and brachypelma are terrestrial so require different enclosure set ups.

I read on another thread that you didn’t know what slings you had so when I came to this one I didn’t read the opening post (my mistake) and went straight to the pictures.

D22009

I’m glad your 99.9% sure. But I’m 100% saying the first one is definitely a Psalmopoeus. Your shipping list may say auratum but that’s most likely the second picture not the first. I’ve seen enough Psalmopoeus slings to know what they look like.
No it's cool man just wanna make sure I'm properly I.D. these little things

D22009

Picture below is a brachypelma albiceps (pretty much all brachypelma look like this at this size, including you Auratum) View attachment 44996below is a picture of a molt I’ve just pulled out of our Psalmopoeus Irminias enclosure (I didn’t post a picture of the actual spider as it’s now got adult colours so looks different to the one you have)View attachment 44997
and below is our brachypelma auratum, it’s around about the size of your Psalmopoeus sling (first picture) View attachment 44998

Im genuinely not being an arsehole and just trying to help. Psalmopoeus are arboreal and brachypelma are terrestrial so require different enclosure set ups.

I read on another thread that you didn’t know what slings you had so when I came to this one I didn’t read the opening post (my mistake) and went straight to the pictures.
I greatly appreciate the information! Helps me a lot

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Arachnoclown @octanejunkie . Can you give your opinions on this please. I’m trying to help but it’s starting to sound like I could just be an arsehole lol

Hang on, let me PM and ask @Arachnoclown so I can reply and not sound like an idiot :rolleyes:

in your general, your assessments @Rs50matt, seem pretty accurate (you probably know better than I) but to the OP, I would ask the seller to be sure. Were the vials/containers not labelled?

D22009

Hang on, let me PM and ask @Arachnoclown so I can reply and not sound like an idiot :rolleyes:

in your general, your assessments @Rs50matt, seem pretty accurate (you probably know better than I) but to the OP, I would ask the seller to be sure. Were the vials/containers not labelled?
Only one was labeled that's why I know for sure I have a Brachypelma auratum bought her from KF invertebrates 0

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So after I called and sent pics you are absolutely right, some asshat labeled the wrong vile so that's where the confusion comes from

No worries it happens. Sorry for maybe being abrupt. We’ve seen it a few times on here where people ask questions about weird behaviour. A brachy making web curtains would definitely fit that category :). Iriminias a very nice Ts to keep thou so your in luck with that 1