• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T's collection "Newbie"

Thivo

3 Year Member
Aaaaaamazing! I love seeing your T's. Can't wait tell Squitter starts to get bigger and molts. You'll be the first person I tell!!!!

Thanks Alley... You are really a good mate here... Appreciate your friendliness and approachability... I will wait for squitter's first molt with you...;)

Thivo

3 Year Member
Meanwhile on the other side of my room, after the unsuccessful and distressful operation on my P.Cambrigei... One of my G. Pulchripes molted and it lessen my disappointments about what happen unto my P.Cambrigei…

20150512_163336-02.jpeg

20150512_163435-01.jpeg

20150512_163515-01.jpeg

I just noticed that it was the thrid molt with me... (Sorry for till now they dont have names)
20150512_164203-01.jpeg

Thivo

3 Year Member
That's so cool that you have all of its molts. And I'm so happy to see the T.Chevron is still fighting.

Yeah! I am trying my best to keep their molts which serves as a trohpy as well a throwback from how small since they I have them... But some molts, like from B.Vagans was teared apart and the others was burrowed on their substrate which I assume damaged already...

About T.Chevron, still fighting and hoping that he/she will fight till his/her next molt... I got an ICU for him/her and with giving TLC...

Thivo

3 Year Member
Witnessing another molt of my Brachypelma Vagans and this time is from the beginning... From the time he started to lay down till he gets up... Have some video of it but, I guess it is too large to upload here…

Here are some photos of its molting...
20150513_163707-01.jpeg

20150513_163826-01.jpeg

20150513_171142-01.jpeg

20150513_171930-01.jpeg

20150513_172151-01.jpeg

20150513_173047-01.jpeg

20150513_173203-01.jpeg

20150513_173243-01.jpeg

20150513_173359-01.jpeg

20150513_173503-01.jpeg

To be continued...

Thivo

3 Year Member
Continuation of my B.Vagans molting process...

20150513_173604-01.jpeg

20150513_173644-01.jpeg

20150513_174105-01.jpeg

20150513_174138-01.jpeg

20150513_174526-01.jpeg

20150513_175213-01.jpeg

20150513_175554-01.jpeg

20150513_180256-01.jpeg

20150513_180527-01.jpeg

20150513_182517-01.jpeg

Thank you guys for the time spending on viewing those photos and I hope you enjoy it...

PamCz

3 Year Member

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Ok....:mad:....why doesn't this kind of "mistake" ever happen to me?? *sigh* lol
Sorry PamCz lol that breeder made a lot of mistakes should have took a pic of how my A. Virsicolor came to me. One of the dirtiest boxes I've opened yet and I had to wait a month to get the T I ordered. Do you have a T wish list?

PamCz

3 Year Member
Sorry PamCz lol that breeder made a lot of mistakes should have took a pic of how my A. Virsicolor came to me. One of the dirtiest boxes I've opened yet and I had to wait a month to get the T I ordered. Do you have a T wish list?
Absolutely! Wait...you mean....there are T keepers out there who don't have a wish list?? :confused: lol

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Well if they do they didn't want to sure them with me...oh well sucks for them I'm a good friend or I try really hard to be one :) so come on already!! I want to here your wish list and Thivo I would love to here your wish list too!

My next T is going to be a GBB it so cool how much they wed

PamCz

3 Year Member
Well if they do they didn't want to sure them with me...oh well sucks for them I'm a good friend or I try really hard to be one :) so come on already!! I want to here your wish list and Thivo I would love to here your wish list too!

My next T is going to be a GBB it so cool how much they wed

My wish list....is probably longer than the list of T's I already have! lol...just kidding. I think. ;) Well, let me see....
Oligoxystre diamantinensis
Iridopelma sp. recife
Bumba cabocla
Megaphobema robustum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma verdezi
Brachypelma klaasi
Pamphobeteus platyomma (hopefully male)
Holothele incei (gold)
Avicularia purpurea
Avicularia geroldi

....and sadly, there are even more. I should use this opportunity to make a hard list...on paper. But, wait! The hubby may find it, and I'll be busted!:eek:

Seriously...my list goes for days. I will buy almost anything I see that I read up on and think I can handle, and can afford (of course!) I do have a couple guidelines, tho:
1. I don't buy any fairly expensive T unless it's a sling. Such as a B. klaasi, or an A. versicolor. I will raise a sling up myself, spend more time with it than if I bought it as an adult...and pay less money for the privilege. I have learned patience in my life. I can handle the wait to maturity.;)
2. I won't have (for now...lol) any of the T's that are on the way upper end of scary venom & an attitude to match it. Like S. calceatum, L. nigerimmum, H. maculata... I do have some pretty potent T's, but these I listed here really freak me out. With experience, I may dump this guideline. lol And perhaps I already have stuff this potent...and I'm just fooling myself! o_O
3. I don't buy really incredi-expensive T's. No gooty or that calibre of T. (The ONLY one I would consider is B. klaasi, which can be pretty pricey.:() I will get there eventually, way down the line. Certainly not the new psychedelic T (Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus sp nov)..@ several $100's per sling. No, thanks. I don't need it that badly. Unless the price comes down. :D

4. I don't buy pet holes...no matter how gorgeous they are when they come out...once a year! :T:And...I've heard that new psychedelic T is a pet hole...just to make it worse for me to justify EVER buying.

Other than that...it's ON my wishlist! hahaha... My poor hubby.:p

Last edited:

elektragrl

3 Year Member
I'm not going to lie to you I had to look up some of the T's off your list and I fell in love with the colors of the oligoxystre dimantinensis and pamphobeteus platyomma. Also that new T (Thrigmopeus Psychedelicus) is gorgeous but you have to be mad to pay 450.00$ for a sling....I thought a Gooty sling was rich or maybe I'm just broke lol :) I have a short list atm trying to keep my collection around 5 tell I can move out and have more lots and lots more

GBB/ Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Poecilotheria regalis
Poecilotheria Metallica
Oligoxystre dimantinensis
A. Purpurea
Heteroscodra maculata
Grammostola pulchripes

I'm sure I'll add more later

PamCz

3 Year Member
Oh, yes! You'll add more -- for sure! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! (evil laugh) It's an addiction...seriously. lol

I know what you mean...looking things up and seeing them...creates a lot of wants. :) The more I see other people's specimens, I'm like..."GOTTA have that!" Some of the colors are just spectacular. Yeah...the P. platyomma...wowzers! Magenta & hot pink! Need. Sad that the female is so drab, tho...haha...but such is the way with the Pamphobeteus genus. Don't knock the Phormictopus cancerides...if you're ok with a terrestrial satan bug. (no, really.) They are aggressive, but gorgeous. The males have a deep purple sheen to them with a bronze carapace. Nice.

I am starting to slow down on getting more tho. At 25, I think I will only add an average of 1 a month at his point. We're moving in a month or two (putting our house on the market at end of May), so my efforts, attentions and money are directed elsewhere right now. Sadly. Although...I say that, and then...I go get a T. :D We'll see. I'll keep you posted on my wanted "short list.";)

elektragrl

3 Year Member
I have an OBT sling so I'm in for some aggressiveness with the caution and respect it deserves :) Cool I look forward to the posts!

Thivo do you have a wish list?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My wish list is quite short but some are difficult to find

Pseudohaplopus sp. "Kurzhaar" form Cyclosternum schmardae
Yamia sp. Vietnam which I believe is now Phlogiellus
Plesiopelma longisternale
Catumiri argentinense
Sahydroaraneus Raja

Thivo

3 Year Member
I have an OBT sling so I'm in for some aggressiveness with the caution and respect it deserves :) Cool I look forward to the posts!

Thivo do you have a wish list?

Sorry for late reply... Yeah I do also have wishlists and here it is...

- Theraposa Stirmi
- MonocentropusBalfouri
- Harpactira Pulchripes
- Oligoxystre Dimantinensis
- Poecilotheria Metallica

Those are the top five which I wanted for now... because for sure, there will be more... Keeping T's is getting more fascinating for me...

Thivo

3 Year Member
My wish list is quite short but some are difficult to find

Pseudohaplopus sp. "Kurzhaar" form Cyclosternum schmardae
Yamia sp. Vietnam which I believe is now Phlogiellus
Plesiopelma longisternale
Catumiri argentinense
Sahydroaraneus Raja

Wow Enn49... You really have a great wishlist... You will really have a nice bunch again for your collection...

Latest posts