• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T's collection "Newbie"

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Awwww they look amazing as always soon I will have my first T to share with you!! An Avicularia versicolor that arrives tomorrow yaaaaaa!!! Your N. Chormatus is my favorite out of your pics here

Thivo

3 Year Member
Awwww they look amazing as always soon I will have my first T to share with you!! An Avicularia versicolor that arrives tomorrow yaaaaaa!!! Your N. Chormatus is my favorite out of your pics here

Thanks Alley ;)...

WOW! I am excited too, to see your very first T... A. Versicolor is great too almost like GBB... :D

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Had a little problem with my T. I got someone else order for an OBT. Called the breeder and he's giving me the OBT and sending me my versicolor May 4th

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Had a little problem with my T. I got someone else order for an OBT. Called the breeder and he's giving me the OBT and sending me my versicolor May 4th

I'm sorry you had a mix up and haven't got your avic yet but I too began in the hobby with an OBT, that's her in my avatar. I know OBTs have a bad reputation but as long as you treat them with respect you'll be ok.

Thivo

3 Year Member

That was so displease... But I suggest to ask more demand to the breeder/seller, specially if your the first one who made an order... I know the feeling that how so excited you are then suddenly the T's that you are expecting was replaced by different one... And if I am the seller/breeder, I will probably give you a freebie, to please you and as well not to affect my reputation as a seller... But anyway, just enjoy your very first T and maybe it meant for you...

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Thank you both you much for your kind words and suggestions Enn49 and Thivo (you 2 are the best)
Enn49: I think your more then right so I'm going to keep the OBT and name it Squitter!
Thivo: it was a sad mix up at first but now I'm happy cuz now I'm going to have 2 T's instead of just one :)

Thivo

3 Year Member
Thank you both you much for your kind words and suggestions Enn49 and Thivo (you 2 are the best)
Enn49: I think your more then right so I'm going to keep the OBT and name it Squitter!
Thivo: it was a sad mix up at first but now I'm happy cuz now I'm going to have 2 T's instead of just one :)

That's great!!! ;)

And the name huh! Squitter! :D I like it... Hahahaha...

Thivo

3 Year Member
A few hours ago... While taking a break on playing League Of Legends I just saw my B.Albiceps was on its back and I thought that there is a parasite or something went wrong... 'Coz it was on this position...
20150501_135844-01.jpeg

Then I realized that, It just happen that I got a nice timing to witness my sling was starting to shed it's old cloth :D... and here is my B.Albiceps on it's new dress...
20150501_151404-01.jpeg

20150501_151423-01.jpeg

20150501_151457-01.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I'm glad to hear that you're keeping it. Just remember they earned the name Orange Bitey Thing for a reason, use long tongs when feeding or doing maintenance and keep one eye on it and you'll be fine. I rarely see mine but when I do she is more likely to bolt for cover than attack.

elektragrl

3 Year Member
I'm glad to hear that you're keeping it. Just remember they earned the name Orange Bitey Thing for a reason, use long tongs when feeding or doing maintenance and keep one eye on it and you'll be fine. I rarely see mine but when I do she is more likely to bolt for cover than attack.

I will keep all of this in mind when careing for Squitter :)

Thivo

3 Year Member
Another molteeezeeersss... :D

When I got home, I noticed that my beloved B.Boehmei just molted and regen it's left foreleg...
20150504_164500-01.jpeg

And today morning while preparing to work... one of my A.Geroldi also molted...
20150505_071135.jpg

And before I fogot, last week was my other A.Metallica (White Hairs)
20150430_165438.jpg

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Awwww they are looking great!!! I was finally able to get some good pics of Squitter but I'm still not sure how to upload them from my iPhone.

Thivo

3 Year Member
Late post... This should be done last Friday but due to busy scheds, delay posting of my B.Bagans and B.Albiceps molts...

B.Vagans
20150508_002821-01.jpeg

20150508_003051-01.jpeg

B.Albiceps (I am confused about this one... I guess this is not B.Albiceps... Instead a N.Chromatus!) The seller probably mistaken when he segregate those...
20150509_001306-01.jpeg

20150509_001319-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts