• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Collection

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Thx NYX. I really need to work on getting a few new pictures up. Tonight I am building a temperature control box for my incubator with the help of my hubby. Should be fun. :)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi FaaFaa.
That pumpkin patch is my favourite!.. I've just ordered a B.Albo. Should be similar size to yours. I need to get my camera from work my I phone camera is shocking at taking close up pictures. I do have a canon ds550 SLR . But I can't work that either as there is two many settings lol ..
My G Pulchra moulted a few days ago and would like to take some good pictures of Him/Her..

Sym

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Hi FaaFaa.
That pumpkin patch is my favourite!.. I've just ordered a B.Albo. Should be similar size to yours. I need to get my camera from work my I phone camera is shocking at taking close up pictures. I do have a canon ds550 SLR . But I can't work that either as there is two many settings lol ..
My G Pulchra moulted a few days ago and would like to take some good pictures of Him/Her..

Sym

My little pumpkin patch is turning lightning fast all of a sudden! Makes for fun times. You will love your little B. albopilosum, mine is one of my favs. I used either my phone or a little Nikon point and shoot for my pics. Not the best, but I can use it! I had a DSLR a few years back. I was thrilled to get it, but I was so frustrated with it I sold it!

Here is my temperature control unit. The little box works as a relay. Once my "Nursery" hits 75*F it shuts off the power to the heat mat.

"Pixel" my C. cyaneopubescens

E. truculentus #2 (I can't wait to sex these guys so that I can give them proper names!)

Hapalopus sp. "Pumpkin Patch"

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
"Ducky" K. brunnipes. It's hard to get pics of this one. He or she is usually burrowed.

My little micro rosie

E. campestratus

E. truculentus #1

Last edited:

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Teeny tiny little A. hentzi with a MASSIVE bum!

"Dig" D. pentalore or C. fasciatum

Still missing a few updated pictures...

Lucy the P. scrofa is settling in nice. She has eaten and is beginning to rearrange the sub in her enclosure.

Holly the rosie seems to be settling in finally. I have only had her a month. She still hasn't eaten, but she's a rosie!

Galena the B. albopilosum is an eating and digging machine! I will get pics of her after she molts again.

Then there are the 10 little scrofas. They have all eaten and settled a bit. I'm going to wait until they get a little size on them before trying to get decent pics. They really are micro right now.

Last edited:

Nubee 2 Ts

3 Year Member
Wow that's a lot of new critters all at once! That's awesome!! I too am looking to give breeding a try. Just to see if I can do it... cangrats on your new Ts!

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is that a Pittsburgh Steelers cooler I see? I am a die hard fan! Look forward to seeing the results of your project. Looks like you are organized and approaching this very scientifically. Should be a great success!

NYX

3 Year Member
Hey FaaFaa, sorry for going off subject, but what kind of thermostat do you use? I have a few diffrent ones for my reptiles but I am not to thrilled with there accuracy. Thinking about upgrading to a spyder robotics system.

And congrats on the new editions!!!
Cheers,
Nyx

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Wow that's a lot of new critters all at once! That's awesome!! I too am looking to give breeding a try. Just to see if I can do it... cangrats on your new Ts!

Most of the Ts pictured are not new. The bulk of the new ones are just too tiny and too fast to do much more than throw food at them. Breeding isn't something that you do to just "see if you can do it." If you have a successful pairing you could end up with hundreds and hundreds of spiderlings. You could end up with a Mama that double, or even triple clutches. If that would happen you have even more babies to deal with. It's not a subject to be taken lightly. There are a lot of variables, a good deal of planning, steely patience, and logistics involved. Not trying to push you away, or even say that you can't do it. just making sure you know what you are getting into. :)

Is that a Pittsburgh Steelers cooler I see? I am a die hard fan! Look forward to seeing the results of your project. Looks like you are organized and approaching this very scientifically. Should be a great success!

Of course it's a Steelers cooler! Both my husband and I grew up in a small town just east of Pittsburgh! :) You're going to be waiting a long time to see what happens here. :( I probably have 2 years from now before I can even make my first breeding attempt with these P. scrofas. I have had a lot of help from someone who knows what he is doing. Without his teaching I would be floundering around clueless.

Hey FaaFaa, sorry for going off subject, but what kind of thermostat do you use? I have a few diffrent ones for my reptiles but I am not to thrilled with there accuracy. Thinking about upgrading to a spyder robotics system.
And congrats on the new editions!!!
Cheers,
Nyx

Don't apologize for asking questions, ever! After all, we are all here to learn, right? Right now I have a temperature control unit. My husband has been using one for years on his fermentation chamber and keezer set-ups and it has worked wonderfully. Everything I used was in the pictures. Basically there is a relay that turns my heat mat on and off as needed. I didn't buy the parts, nor did I build it. I can ask the hubby anything you want to know though. I can tell you it is very accurate and was about $30 to make. I'm sorry I can't be of more help now, but I will gladly get you any answers you need. Just let me know.

Nice photos !!!

Thank you!

Nubee 2 Ts

3 Year Member
All very good points, thanks! But, really I would give away most of the slings except a couple or even the whole egg sack for that mater. Who knows... that's very far out for me at the moment anyway. I too served, like your husband, but now I'm retired and need something to occupy my spare time. Please thank him for serving in my behalf :)

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
All very good points, thanks! But, really I would give away most of the slings except a couple or even the whole egg sack for that mater. Who knows... that's very far out for me at the moment anyway. I too served, like your husband, but now I'm retired and need something to occupy my spare time. Please thank him for serving in my behalf :)

Don't wait too long to start the planning stages. Find the species that you want to breed and start getting your group in place to do it. The longer you wait to plan the longer you have t wait to get things going, unless you buy sub-adult or mature m/f pairs. We are very near the end of his military career. We are under the 2 year mark for retirement. We are looking forward to being in control of our life again, but the military has given us so much that we wouldn't have had otherwise. It's been a fun ride but we are both ready to get off! Can I ask what branch you served in? My hubby is a Marine and my son will be going to Navy boot camp this summer!

NYX

3 Year Member
Thanks I will have to look into it! Really great idea. I can't really make out the brand in the photo so just some brands I can look at would be awesome. If you guys are happy with what you are using I would like to give it whirl. ;)

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
OK this is the link for the actual temp. controller we used.

http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Temp...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421342483&sr=8-1&keywor

I think that you can clearly see everything else in the pic. But just in case we bought the project box at Radio Shack and the outlet, replacement cord, and outlet cover at Home Depot. You have to have some electrical background, or at least enough head knowledge to read a schematic to complete the project. I believe the only major tool that was used was a dremel. (I may have spelled that wrong)

Nubee 2 Ts

3 Year Member
Hi again! I am actually planning on getting a matched pair. I have my adult female A. Metallica, a mature rosea and two sub adult poeci's but I'd rather get a couple of mature adults to get things moving. I was in the navy... small boats almost all of my carreer... coastal warfare and riveron just before getting out. Two years is a walk in the park at this point. It'll all be worth it as you say :)
Good luck to your some as well! He'll have plenty of priceless advice I'm sure but it'll be an experience not many can say they'll have as you well know.... thanks again for all your input!

Latest posts