• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Collection

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Been around here a little while, time for a picture thread. Don't expect anything spectacular. I just like taking pictures of my Ts. :)

A. hentzi

B. albopilosum

C. cyaneopubescens

C. fasciatum or D. pentalore

Last edited:

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Hapolopus sp. pumpkin patch

K. brunnipes

Putting this thread together has made me realize I need to take new pictures of everyone. I have 13 new Ts coming the beginning of January so I guess I better get it done soon!

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the pumpkin patch. Own my "to acquire list". First pic I have seen of a K. brunnipes. And now, I want one of those too! This forum can be deadly!

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Had some extra time to kill this morning so I thought I would update a few pictures. No one wanted to participate. Bad hair day or something? Here's the few that I got.

G. rosea This is the first sling of this species I have had. I got it as a freebie. I still can't get over how darn cute it is!

My K. brunnipes "Ducky" I just love these pink legs! This one is a HUGE webber.

"Pixel" my GBB. It took me too many years to finally break down and get one of these. Love it!

My Hapalopus sp. Pumpkin Patch this one is like lightning!

I have slowly begun the preparations for the largest shipment of Ts I have ever received. 13 to be exact! I upgraded my current Nursery set-up to hold more sling containers yesterday. It's just a KK with a heat mat under it and a towel over it. I only use this until my slings are about 2 inches or so depending on how chilly it is. I need to wrap it in Styrofoam one of these days.

Last edited:

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
It's going to be a long day today :( Waiting on one young female P. scrofa and ten slings of the same species. Also coming are two E. truculentus! All enclosures are labeled and ready to go!

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
This is Lucy. My sub-adult female P. scrofa. She looks great, doesn't she?

I also got these two beauties. They are E. truculentus. I was stoked to get these two!

And here are my 10 P. scrofa slings. It has been a long time since I have kept P. scrofa. I forgot how curious they were. Every single one of these guys were a pain to put in their enclosures! Running up my arm or the tweezers, climbing out faster than I could get the lid on. This bunch is going to be fun!

Last edited:

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Thanks Denny! My end goal is to have a large enough breeding stock that it can, hopefully, support my addiction. With numbers like that I decided I needed to learn what works and what doesn't when it comes to organization. To me a label maker was the best way to start. I also have a nice little app on my phone that I can input a ton of data in and then record a molt or a feeding with just a tap.It backs up to a micro SD card too, which is another bonus. I am also trying to work out the kinks on a spread sheet so that when I start needing mates/breeding/loaning I can easily look to see what's going on. This is in the baby stages though since I haven't started breeding yet. Sorry, I ramble sometimes! :oops:

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What app do you use for your phone? I used to keep great records and then I exceeded my bandwidth on time after a certain point (probably around 60 inverts?). But may want to start up again at some point.

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
It's an android app I found, for free, in the google play store. It is simply called tarantulas. The icon is a black tarantula. Let me know if you find it.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just picked up my first iPhone. Not loving it but probably should wait awhile. If only I had known! :(