• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lasiodora parahybana questions

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, yes the hairs aren't painful, they just give me a horrible itch. It could however be painful if you are allergic to them (well so I've read at least).

I haven't gotten a measurement of her unfortunately she gets quite annoyed by alien objects unfortunately.
By judging however, I'll put up a picture of her on my hand. I'm using non-powdered gloves in the picture.View attachment 11657

There is no height longer than her legs. She prefers the bark over the peat.

Another thing, she's starting to go patchy on her abdomen. And hasn't eaten in over 24hours, could I assume pre-moult??

Appreciated the quick response as well!

What a big beautiful girl. I think my Pipsqueak is about the size of her foot and he/she was even smaller when I got him/her a little more than a year ago
UdtiL0O.jpg

Dr Mengele

3 Year Member
I have an adult female that is 11 years old. She is an awesome beast and all that have seen her are both shell shocked and amazed. All i feed her is crickets and an odd field cricket i catch when doing yardwork. They Do NOT need mice to obtain their full size but the do need a larger 15-20 gallon cage cage and at least 3 -4 inches of substrate and some cork tubes and a flat piece to lounge on. They do not seem to like to loungs on bare earth and spin a nice carpet on it. They do not need Damp soil as much as some of the larger bird eaters. Mine isnt defensive or offenive but always skitters away with lightning speed when startled so be warned, these guys and ghouls can really 'Move it" A truly wonderful monster that eats Often. I give mine 10-15 crickets at a time and she collects them and makes a golf ball out of them. Mine is named 'Lilly" and i really like her and have NEVER tried to hold her or would I !!!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh @Enn49 , you know you don't want that baby, you should send it to me right away! :p
j/p but a lovely T
Love the red belt on that baby.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh @Enn49 , you know you don't want that baby, you should send it to me right away! :p
j/p but a lovely T
Love the red belt on that baby.

I'd love to send you it but I don't think it would survive 4500 miles so maybe it had better stay with me :D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
true, that might be just a slight problem,
quick question, does that T stay hidden or is it out and about?
Very pretty may go on my list ^^

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
true, that might be just a slight problem,
quick question, does that T stay hidden or is it out and about?
Very pretty may go on my list ^^

I already have an N. sp Guyana and that is a burrower so I'm guessing this one will be too. The Guyana has built a mound where it hides away and I've barely seen it since it came 11 months ago but just recently it has opened a hole in the mound so I'm hoping to see more of it.

Matthaus

3 Year Member
So the patches on Morticias abdomen is going darker.
I once read that if there are patches that go darker on their abdomens from where they kick off hairs. Is a sign of early pre-moult. Due to the start of a new exoskeleton...

I honestly just wanted to confirm this with the forum. Any assistance will appreciated!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So the patches on Morticias abdomen is going darker.
I once read that if there are patches that go darker on their abdomens from where they kick off hairs. Is a sign of early pre-moult. Due to the start of a new exoskeleton...

I honestly just wanted to confirm this with the forum. Any assistance will appreciated!
An Lp's skin is pale under the hair on their rump. If dark skin is showing, it's pre molt for sure. The entire rump will turn dark as it progresses, although sometimes its hard to tell under all the hair.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's a pic of my male with his rump facing the camera...he'd come through the mail and had kicked a bunch of hair off his rump in the process.
lp breeding 020.jpg

I should say, Livingenzyme's male, I just treat him like he's mine :)