• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Label printer

Jeef

3 Year Member
My collection doth grow and so I'm in the market for a hand held label printer. More than likely a DYMO labelmanager 160. Anyone have a different one that they love or hate? Or any experience with the DYMO?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a brother PTouch and hate how much tape it wastes. Knock off replacement tape are now cheap af on Amazon, but it sucks to throw away 3/4"+ on each label I make

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I have a Brother PTouch cube which I got for Christmas awhile back. Tape is expensive, although I have not tried the knockoffs. I only have six tarantulas, and mostly use the label maker for molts.

ThatGuy83

I was using a label writer but I found it more economical to use Avery address labels. You can download Word templates and make and print your own.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use a Dymo LetraTag, I brought cheaply at a discount store & use cheap ribbon to print onto. It has the ability to print two lines, so a T with a long name, can still be accommodated, even on sling pot, if needed.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Just to follow up, I ended up scoring a DYMO LetraTag at the Mart of Wal. It was less than $20 and they had all the replacement tapes for it right there.

It has an instruction manual, but you don't need it. It runs off 4 AA batteries. As mOlsx pointed out, you can print two lines. It also has a selection of symbols you can print, but there is no male or female symbol. You can, however print a picture of a spider or a piece of cheese, so there is that.

I'm happy with it. Thanks to all for the input!

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just to follow up, I ended up scoring a DYMO LetraTag at the Mart of Wal. It was less than $20 and they had all the replacement tapes for it right there.

It has an instruction manual, but you don't need it. It runs off 4 AA batteries. As mOlsx pointed out, you can print two lines. It also has a selection of symbols you can print, but there is no male or female symbol. You can, however print a picture of a spider or a piece of cheese, so there is that.

I'm happy with it. Thanks to all for the input!
I use 1,0 for male. 0,1 for female. Works for me. But I have to say, I was looking for those symbols as well when I got mine…

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use 1,0 for male. 0,1 for female. Works for me. But I have to say, I was looking for those symbols as well when I got mine…
The standard convention is x.x.x,.meaning male, female, unsexed

2.1.4 would be 2 male, 1 female and 4 unsexed
0.0.1 is one unsexed

Rorate4b

Brady portable label makers and handheld label printers allow you to create custom safety messages, component ID and wire labels whenever and wherever you need them. Thermal label printer are lightweight and easy-to-use so they can be taken with you in the field, on the job site, or in your toolbox.

middy74

Phomemo m110 it's a thermal wifi label machine works of your phone and it doesn't need ink refills cool gadget