• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im new and need help

laura916

3 Year Member
so yep, it is sealing it off. Is it ok if it uses all the substrate under the log, straight down to the glass? I dont know if it did but it has used alot of substrate for the front and now the back.

Attachments

• 378347_538534106198006_1431799398_n.jpg
    378347_538534106198006_1431799398_n.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 15

laura916

3 Year Member
Took this pic earlier, looked at it afterwards and noticed it looks like its in a heartshaped spotlight. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20130423_185232-1.jpg
    IMG_20130423_185232-1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 15

laura916

3 Year Member
HELP AGAIN! We bought 4 crickets earlier, i just looked in the cricket thing and saw one looked dead/kinda smashed.. then all of a sudden i see this WHITE, like milky creamy white cricket :confused:
do crickets shed their skin too? Has anyone seen this before?

laura916

3 Year Member
going on day 2 of not seeing our Amilia.. :oops: i know people have said not to worry but i cant help it. Im new at this so im a little concerned.
I examined the barricade it made and its not looking like she came out even when we were all sleeping.
We put 2 crickets in therte lastnight and 1 of them even went in under the log where shes at and then came strolling back out untouched.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Seriously dont worry. You Will get used to tarantula weird behaviour most of them are nuts. It can get boring when you dont see your pet much which is why you need a couple more lol.

laura916

3 Year Member
Can anyone suggest what other types of T's would be great for a beginner like myself that doesnt spend so much time hiding. I want something calm, docile, pretty and enjoys being on display in the tank of course :D

Morgana123

3 Year Member
Your pictures are very interesting and familiar. My first A. hentzie did the exact same thing with a similar log hide. Not to compare your B. emailia with an A. hentzie, but care is very similar. I freaked out, for 6 months with our first T waiting on her to show herself. Later, did we realize they hibernate.
Since Spring is here, don't think your T's actions fit due to season. From the look of your T it's well fed. So, doesn't want any visitors, including food and locked the doors. Our 1-1/4" slings do the same to thier burrows all the time. So, just be patient. It will show itself in due time. Meanwhile I suggest you keep the water dish from drying out, no food, keep a short log of its actions, what you did, to help others, pictures are great as well.
In a year from now, you will luagh at yourself for worring. It knows what it's doing, but we don't.......

laura916

3 Year Member
Your pictures are very interesting and familiar. My first A. hentzie did the exact same thing with a similar log hide. Not to compare your B. emailia with an A. hentzie, but care is very similar. I freaked out, for 6 months with our first T waiting on her to show herself. Later, did we realize they hibernate.
Since Spring is here, don't think your T's actions fit due to season. From the look of your T it's well fed. So, doesn't want any visitors, including food and locked the doors. Our 1-1/4" slings do the same to thier burrows all the time. So, just be patient. It will show itself in due time. Meanwhile I suggest you keep the water dish from drying out, no food, keep a short log of its actions, what you did, to help others, pictures are great as well.
In a year from now, you will luagh at yourself for worring. It knows what it's doing, but we don't.......
Ok thank you

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can anyone suggest what other types of T's would be great for a beginner like myself that doesnt spend so much time hiding. I want something calm, docile, pretty and enjoys being on display in the tank of course :D
Our A.avic enjoys hanging out where you can see her :)

Latest posts