• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need serious help...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If it's a good shop with a good rep they probably will refund rather than get a bad review. I had a T die after 12 weeks with me and I told the shop in case they'd had problems with others, no suggestion of wanting a refund but they sent me a replacement.

A sling would possibly suffer through lack of moisture but not one the size of yours. I don't see how the insect, whatever it was, has got inside the T while it was packaged.

Lilith

3 Year Member
If it's a good shop with a good rep they probably will refund rather than get a bad review. I had a T die after 12 weeks with me and I told the shop in case they'd had problems with others, no suggestion of wanting a refund but they sent me a replacement.

A sling would possibly suffer through lack of moisture but not one the size of yours. I don't see how the insect, whatever it was, has got inside the T while it was packaged.
I dont know how anything couldve happened tbh. Im just assuming. She arrived with the maggots if i have it correct, inside of her, and she seems incredibly weak. Theyre probably related but she cant even use her fangs. She wants to but its like she cant

Lilith

3 Year Member
How long has it been since you first contacted them?

So sorry this happened!
More than a day. I first contacted them right after i found them. Then again before going to bed, again when i woke up, and once more today. There hasnt been a single response.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Lilith May I ask who you bought it from? I'd be very surprised if the online shops I've used ignored you like that.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd be interested, too. The 2 I've used were always prompt with any reply to inquiries.

Lilith

3 Year Member
@Lilith May I ask who you bought it from? I'd be very surprised if the online shops I've used ignored you like that.
I'd be interested, too. The 2 I've used were always prompt with any reply to inquiries.
https://tarantulasbristol.co.uk/
They've had rare complaints but I'm furious they can blatantly ignore me like this. I've tried contacting them any way possible and I'm about to get my friend to call them since they feel as if they should bring it upon themselves to make a fool out of me ignoring any form of contact ive tried to make

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am surprised, they are one of the good ones. Have you tried ringing and if so have you taken into account the time difference?

Lilith

3 Year Member
I am surprised, they are one of the good ones. Have you tried ringing and if so have you taken into account the time difference?
They finally responded but it wasnt much help. Nothing I didnt already know. Sent pics so i'll see what they say

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm glad they have been in touch. It may be that they will need to check their stock in case any others have been infected and try to identify the things.

Lilith

3 Year Member
I'm glad they have been in touch. It may be that they will need to check their stock in case any others have been infected and try to identify the things.
Maybe...who knows...maybe i can get them to just send another

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Did you find out whether the spider was captive bred or wild caught at all? I can only echo Enn in saying that they are usually really good and have always replied quickly even if it was just a mail to say the spiders had arrived.
They have an "online now" status on their webpage. Maybe there's a way to chat to them now?

Lilith

3 Year Member
Did you find out whether the spider was captive bred or wild caught at all? I can only echo Enn in saying that they are usually really good and have always replied quickly even if it was just a mail to say the spiders had arrived.
They have an "online now" status on their webpage. Maybe there's a way to chat to them now?
Captive bred. And maybe

Lilith

3 Year Member
How is the T? And have you seen any more of the things?
Umm incredibly unresponsive, dont think she can move at all...and no but thats not saying much. At the slighest hint of anything colder than her, they run and hide back inside her

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Umm incredibly unresponsive, dont think she can move at all...and no but thats not saying much. At the slighest hint of anything colder than her, they run and hide back inside her

My thought was that maybe the eggs were in her last meal and have hatched inside her during shipping. If you could lure them all out she may recover.