• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need serious help...

Lilith

3 Year Member
I ordered a Brachypelma klaasi from a seller in the UK. She made it all the way to then states without any hiccups the bam...as soon as she made it through customs it's like she disappeared. I'm devastated. I've called USPS asking where she is and they know nothing. I know some of you may say that tarantulas can't be shipped through USPS and I know this. But she was picked up by them and taken to customs where she would then be handed off to a carrier who can handle them legally. Except for the fact they don't know where she is...They claim that she had to be shipped back to the UK because the seller forgot to put my address on the box, but that is clearly a blatant lie that insults my intelligence. She wouldn't have even made it here without my address. And they have had buyers from the states before...but what worries me most is they couldn't even give me a solid answer as to where she actually was. The last information that they could give me was she had been processed through customs. So they know as much as I do. For all they and I know someone could have taken it upon themselves to make her their new pet. There is not trail as to where she is. I need advice on what I can do. I'm completely devastated. I've been looking forward to her for a week now. And I can honestly said I cried because of this.

Last edited:

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Why didn't you just buy from a seller here in the states. They aren't THAT rare.

I mean I hope things work out, but I'm not sure what we can really do to help. The issue has resolve itself.

Lilith

3 Year Member
Why didn't you just buy from a seller here in the states. They aren't THAT rare.
The only people selling B. klaasi I could find were over priced. The one i ordered was a beauty and only ones I could find here i found a bit over priced compared to her. Plus I just had a really positive gut feeling about the tarantula itself. Something in me knew I wanted her. It was the same way with my peruvian blue zebra. Saw her and definitely don't regret it. I had a gut feeling and it was right. She's a bit strange but pretty amazing.

Lilith

3 Year Member

I mean I hope things work out, but I'm not sure what we can really do to help. The issue has resolve itself.
; -; i just needed somewhere to turn without hearing "i hope they killed her and are covering it up" or "i hope she gets lost and dies"...i dont want to hear rude remarks reguarding spiders is all...

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No...they have...a lot of people tell me i should squish, burn, throw out a window, ect. the tarantula i have now as well.
Please link to the posts where these things were said. I'd be interested in seeing this.

Lilith

3 Year Member
Please link to the posts where these things were said. I'd be interested in seeing this.
Well not here but on other places. Various chat groups, from friends, other help places. I came here because people dont hate spiders...i get sick of hearing people say these things

Lilith

3 Year Member
Also has this ignorant jerk try to tell me i was bs'ing my problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-21-21-49-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-21-21-49-37.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 61

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Okay but I said "I highly doubt anyone here would say that." To which you responded "No, they have... etc." Now you're saying this. See how that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense?

Either way, I hope you get it sorted out.

Lilith

3 Year Member
Okay but I said "I highly doubt anyone here would say that." To which you responded "No, they have... etc." Now you're saying this. See how that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense?
Oh sorry. Its pretty late so i may have missed a few words in your sentence ; -; i mix up letters and leave out words a lot when i read things

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No worries. But I can tell you you won't be receiving those types of replies here.

Lilith

3 Year Member
No worries. But I can tell you you won't be receiving those types of replies here.
Yes its exactly why i came here. A lot of people are straight up jerks about them and i just wanted to come somewhere i wouldn't hear it

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She may yet turn up. I had a similar experience recently with 2 little slings which I knew had left Poland but there was no trace of them reaching the UK but they eventually turned up safe and well.

Lilith

3 Year Member
She may yet turn up. I had a similar experience recently with 2 little slings which I knew had left Poland but there was no trace of them reaching the UK but they eventually turned up safe and well.
Yeah. I may only be overreacting because im impatient and care about my pets...am i overreacting?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah. I may only be overreacting because im impatient and care about my pets...am i overreacting?

I don't think you're overreacting as I know just how you're feeling. It's so frustrating when you can't do anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed it turns up soon

Lilith

3 Year Member
I don't think you're overreacting as I know just how you're feeling. It's so frustrating when you can't do anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed it turns up soon
Thanks. I hope she magically shows up and that sending her back was just some pathetic cover story to the fact they couldnt find her

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks. I hope she magically shows up and that sending her back was just some pathetic cover story to the fact they couldnt find her

They told me that mine were probably in customs but they weren't, so yes, they will tell you anything to try to cover their backs. Have you been in touch with the seller?

Lilith

3 Year Member
They told me that mine were probably in customs but they weren't, so yes, they will tell you anything to try to cover their backs. Have you been in touch with the seller?
Yes they had no idea what was going on and were a bit astonished they would say something like that. This is the first time theyve heard something like this