• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! I dont know what type of Tarantula I have!

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
Well I've no idea what T that will be and probably couldn't tell you anyway as I'm rather new myself lol. I'm barely starting to be able to pronounce the names of most of the species. Sounds like the little T you have there has a chance to become big enough to be identified in your care and welcome to the forum. Can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned here in the short time I've been here! Looking forwards to seeing more pictures in the future and learning what ya got there!

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Welcome! Please stick around so you can provide the best possible life for this little one who is obviously lucky to be alive. Thank you for giving them a home.
They look similar to my E. campestratus babies, but, as the others have mentioned, could be a number of different species. If they do end up being an E. campestratus, they are lovely and very appropriate for beginners.

Last edited:

Haelee

3 Year Member
So, it seems to have disappeared...
could it have gotten out of this?
I've sifted through the dirt stuff and its definitely not in there, but I'm not sure how it could have gotten out...

Attachments

• WP_20160503_23_12_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160503_23_12_27_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You should leave the house immediately, and call an exterminator. I've been researching to identify the species, and I believe that was an S. calciatum sling, the deadliest spider in the world..Get out of the house, please! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET OUT! Go to the nearest Taco Bell and report back here. We need a plan..

Haelee

3 Year Member
Well ****, at least it didnt die.. My niece got way more attached than I thought and is taking it pretty hard. My bad... I had no idea they could climb up plastic..

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Well ****, at least it didnt die.. My niece got way more attached than I thought and is taking it pretty hard. My bad... I had no idea they could climb up plastic..
Unfortunately, unless you're able to find them, they probably will die. Check everywhere because people have been able to locate them - even spiderlings.

Haelee

3 Year Member
We are moving in a few days, and unfortunately we were keeping the cage in my nieces room because she loves Tarantulas... We will be careful inspecting everything as we pack today... This should be fun.... Lol

Attachments

• WP_20160504_10_11_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160504_10_11_34_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Haelee

3 Year Member
Well after searching the room and packing everything, it is nowhere to be found.. :(
Our windows are always cracked at the bottom due to the house being unlevel so it may have made its way outside... Or into my room, which my husband is not thrilled about lol
I will be back to the forum though because you guys were extremely helpful and we will definitely be getting another (that we actually know what it is) after we settle into the new house, but ill make sure to put a stocking over the lid this time!!

Thistles

3 Year Member
A lot of times they don't go far. They also fit into really tiny spaces. Check every possible crack near where it escaped. It's probably very close by. Where are you moving to? Just curious what part of the country.

Haelee

3 Year Member
A lot of times they don't go far. They also fit into really tiny spaces. Check every possible crack near where it escaped. It's probably very close by. Where are you moving to? Just curious what part of the country.
We are in Texas moving 100 miles to Waco

Latest posts