• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! I dont know what type of Tarantula I have!

Haelee

3 Year Member
A friend of mine had a bunch of different types of baby Tarantulas for sale and they got all mixed up. He does not know what kind he gave me, its tiny, like an inch from head to its butt. Its like a grey/blue color. I would post a picture of it but my phone wont let me...
Anyone know what it might be, or a photo gallery of baby tarantulas I can look at to ID it?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you! WOW! There are so many! I looked through all of the spiderlings, no luck though...

Can the seller narrow it down a bit for you, they must know which species were mixed up?

Haelee

3 Year Member
I got the picture to attach, I've been told I am color blind and it is brown/pink. lol

Attachments

• WP_20160501_16_53_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160501_16_53_03_Pro.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 37

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks exactly like my LP before his last molt, which looked just like about fifty others. Nearly impossible to tell until it gets a bit more growth and starts to get adult colors. :(
Just give it basic sling care. Make sure it gets fed regularly and has a water dish and keep posting pictures for this mystery watch. :D

Haelee

3 Year Member
lol ok thank you guys!
I am pretty inexperienced and I don't know if there is specific care for certain types.
I had one from this guy before( also had no idea what it was) and it died (my house got flooded in a storm and I was unable to get to it in time) I felt so bad and I just want to keep this one safe and healthy.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol ok thank you guys!
I am pretty inexperienced and I don't know if there is specific care for certain types.
I had one from this guy before( also had no idea what it was) and it died (my house got flooded in a storm and I was unable to get to it in time) I felt so bad and I just want to keep this one safe and healthy.
Ask anything you need to here, someone will always help even if it's been asked a hundred times before! We want you to succeed in raising a healthy T :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's really not very ethical to be selling people tarantulas that you can't identify..if anything because different spiders require different care, and have different levels of venom, speed, defensiveness, etc. It's rather important to know what you have, is what I'm saying. Not trying to be a jerk, what's done is done and you're right to be asking questions. But this dealer needs to tighten it up if he's going to be selling people venomous animals. They aren't jaguars, but they're not a joke, either..I'm not sure if you know this Haelee, but there are tarantulas common to our hobby that can give you a very bad day, or month, if they bite you..

Haelee

3 Year Member
Oh no, I agree. Luckily when this happens he gives them away to people like me who do research to keep them alive. I don't think he should be selling them at all because there's been times that I know he doesn't feed them for weeks at a time and they die all the time because of the lack of care. Unfortunately in this town there's not much to be done about it...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
lol ok thank you guys!

With a sling that size as long as it has a water bowl (a small bottle cap will do or some people use a small Lego brick) and food twice a week it will do okay.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With a sling that size as long as it has a water bowl (a small bottle cap will do or some people use a small Lego brick) and food twice a week it will do okay.
I also use some if those plastic cabinet blanking caps turned upside down for my tiny slings. They work really well for the tiny enclosures :)

Thistles

3 Year Member
Oh no, I agree. Luckily when this happens he gives them away to people like me who do research to keep them alive. I don't think he should be selling them at all because there's been times that I know he doesn't feed them for weeks at a time and they die all the time because of the lack of care. Unfortunately in this town there's not much to be done about it...
Geez, he just lets them die? And is so shameless about it that people know about it? Tell him to send 'em to me. I'll pamper those babies.

Latest posts