• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, tarantula lovers

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good thing you found her :D
My friend also had his geniculata escaped. The glass on the coffee table got loose in one corner so the smart lady started digging through the substrate, table and found her way out. He found her three days later behind a large closet. Luckily she was unharmed.
64 tarantulas, wow... Living the dream :D
Rapidly running out of space though. Having a spider house built now. Likely to be picking up a large male T. Stirmi tomorrow and have 7 more Ts arriving next week from Poland (via a pass over in another part of the UK) before they get to me. My full list so far is in the "Phil's Ts" link in my signature.

Marija

3 Year Member
I was the same with shipping. Had always drove to see for myself what I was intending to buy. I have used 2 of the Polish sites and have shipped some of my spiders to fellow members in the UK and received many spiders from shipments in UK too. There really is very little to worry about. Not had any problems at all.
I guess I'll try then. I saw some nice species so I could order a couple of slings :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
LOL :D If my female tactics don't work I'll just throw his PS4 controller in the parahybana enclosure.. We'll see if he gets it out... :p
Now that is just wrong.......you should never mess with a blokes playstation. ..lmao :D

Marija

3 Year Member
Rapidly running out of space though. Having a spider house built now. Likely to be picking up a large male T. Stirmi tomorrow and have 7 more Ts arriving next week from Poland (via a pass over in another part of the UK) before they get to me. My full list so far is in the "Phil's Ts" link in my signature.
I hope I have at least half of your collection through the years :) I have a large room available to store all of them :D
In your list you have some really colorful tarantulas, some of them I've never seen. I was looking for an dropped jaw emoji to send to you but I don't see any so picture a dropped jaw on my face :D lol

Marija

3 Year Member
Now that is just wrong.......you should never mess with a blokes playstation. ..lmao :D
Well if nothing else works... What can I say, I need more tarantulas. They are like chips, you cant have just one or two, it has to be the whole bag (and by whole bag I mean family size) :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hope I have at least half of your collection through the years :) I have a large room available to store all of them :D
In your list you have some really colorful tarantulas, some of them I've never seen. I was looking for an dropped jaw emoji to send to you but I don't see any so picture a dropped jaw on my face :D lol
Ha ha.........dropped jaw imagined. If you have a large room then I say fill it ☺. I have tried selling my kids for space but no takers.
Many of my Ts are slings atm and so not not at full colours yer but there is also a link to my album in my signature if you want to see what stage they are ar. Be warned.....there are a lot to look through ☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well if nothing else works... What can I say, I need more tarantulas. They are like chips, you cant have just one or two, it has to be the whole bag (and by whole bag I mean family size) :D
Welcome to the addiction. Sounds like it has taken hold already ☺

Marija

3 Year Member
Ha ha.........dropped jaw imagined. If you have a large room then I say fill it ☺. I have tried selling my kids for space but no takers.
Many of my Ts are slings atm and so not not at full colours yer but there is also a link to my album in my signature if you want to see what stage they are ar. Be warned.....there are a lot to look through ☺
No worries, I have time :D

Marija

3 Year Member
Welcome to the addiction. Sounds like it has taken hold already ☺
It has, yeah but I don't want to take it too fast if there is such a thing at this hobby. For a couple of months I think I'll enjoy the two I have and learn from them, watch them, study their body language :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It has, yeah but I don't want to take it too fast if there is such a thing at this hobby. For a couple of months I think I'll enjoy the two I have and learn from them, watch them, study their body language :)
Good idea. They are all different in temperament....all individuals at the end of the day. I can highly recommend slings as the next stage if you have not had the experience before. Watching them grow, transform, hunt as little predators, moult etc is one of the best feelings in the hobby.

Marija

3 Year Member
Hey Marija, I'm hopeless at noticing new threads and I know we've spoken but welcome all the same! Hehe a great bunch of people here but watch out for Phil he keeps spiders in his ears and god knows where else! Hahahaha
Thanks for your welcome :)
Lol, I'll watch out for Phil haha thanks for the head up.

Marija

3 Year Member
That coffee table idea sounds awesome. Is your friend willing to share a pic here. I am sure lots of us would love to see it. I had my Genic in a converted aquarium (190 litre corner unit) will dig out a pic. ☺
I managed to get a picture of the table but it's kind of crappy... Good thing my friend does not earn his money as a photographer haha :D.
I'll take a better picture when I go to his house but this might give you an idea of how it looks.
14218003_1069676793148035_1434732877_n.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I managed to get a picture of the table but it's kind of crappy... Good thing my friend does not earn his money as a photographer haha :D.
I'll take a better picture when I go to his house but this might give you an idea of how it looks.
View attachment 20012
Thankyou, what is the side walls made of? Does ventilation come in when opened or is there another way. Neat idea.

Latest posts