• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FNG new guy here

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Lol....as long as you always assume it's about to attack you, and act accordingly, you'll be fine! :D

Welcome back to the T World! :)

Thank you!

I placed his little shipping tube in the holding container and man he is bigger than I thought he would be! OF course he would be hanging out near the top so I can't get his tube out. But its ok!

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the hobby!

I'm still pretty new my self and my first T is/was an OBT named squitter. I had originally purchased an A. Versicolor and due to a packing error I was sent an OBT by mistake. I was sent the right T after some phone calls. I can't tell you how many people on here helped with info and reassured me that it just demands a level of respect and I would be fine. He/she (still don't know sex) is so resilient. So don't ever be afraid to ask for help!!

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the hobby!

I'm still pretty new my self and my first T is/was an OBT named squitter. I had originally purchased an A. Versicolor and due to a packing error I was sent an OBT by mistake. I was sent the right T after some phone calls. I can't tell you how many people on here helped with info and reassured me that it just demands a level of respect and I would be fine. He/she (still don't know sex) is so resilient. So don't ever be afraid to ask for help!!
Thank you very much for the info. The OBT seems to be pretty adventurous (sp?) And was the first out of its tube.

My B. smithi finally came out over night and is walking around its holding pen.

PamCz

3 Year Member
Thank you very much for the info. The OBT seems to be pretty adventurous (sp?) And was the first out of its tube.

My B. smithi finally came out over night and is walking around its holding pen.
Not sure if that's adventurous behavior or just a display of confidence! ;) Soon after my OBT's second molt in my care, it started standing its ground. I used to have to only open the door of my T cabinet & it would completely disappear into the burrow. Now, I have to start opening its enclosure before it ducks out of sight...BUT, it now immediately turns around in its burrow and partially comes back out to watch what's happening. Soon, it'll just sit there and threat pose! lol

You'll grow in confidence with the T. I am...:rolleyes:

Latest posts