• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FNG new guy here

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Hello all new guy here, I was doing a little research on two T's that I have been interested in when I stumbled upon this forum. Glad I found it as there is quite a bit of informative information which has helped me decide on which two T's that I want. B. Smithi and A. Geniculata.

I have only owned one T prior about 15 years ago but I never lost interest and am wanting to own more.

I am planning to keep them in my office as I have plenty of space and I am the only one that stays in here plus I am way back in the warehouse where no one wants to walk back here.. lol.

I found both T's that I want in stock at Pet Center USA, but prior to ordering I had a question on the shipping so I emailed Paul and am currently waiting on a reply.

JG

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Welcome I'm still new as well I recently purchased two g. Roseas . the people I've talked to on here so far are extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Paul is awesome to deal with, I've bought from him and am totally satisfied with my purchase and his packing is second to none, IMO.
Welcome to the forum! Nice species you decided on getting. I have B. smithi, slow growers, but great colors as adults. Only have A. insubtilis and A. choacana, very aggressive eaters and easy to care for.
You're aware that this is a highly addictive hobby? [emoji3]

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Paul is awesome to deal with, I've bought from him and am totally satisfied with my purchase and his packing is second to none, IMO.
Welcome to the forum! Nice species you decided on getting. I have B. smithi, slow growers, but great colors as adults. Only have A. insubtilis and A. choacana, very aggressive eaters and easy to care for.
You're aware that this is a highly addictive hobby? [emoji3]

Thank you, I have read nothing but good things about Paul and by reading his for sale ads my question was answered. I wasn't sure about which shipping is overnight but just saw that the $39 shipping is the overnight.

I decided on B. Smithi because of the colors! I have plenty of space at work just in case I decided I NEED more!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I decided on B. Smithi because of the colors! I have plenty of space at work just in case I decided I NEED more!

Ohh, you'll definitely be needing space for more. especially if you spend much time on here. Good choice by the way.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Thank you, I have read nothing but good things about Paul and by reading his for sale ads my question was answered. I wasn't sure about which shipping is overnight but just saw that the $39 shipping is the overnight.

Just saw you're in Texas, thats close to Paul, Priority would do just fine. As I stated, Paul packages extremely well, no doubt they will be fine using Priority shipping. Your choice though, Overnite does include LAG a big plus for the cost. I use Overnite, I'm in Ohio, less time for them to be jostled about during shipping. [emoji106]

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Awesome thanks!

Now I have another question for him lol. I want to have them shipped to my work instead of home since I am working more than at home, it doesn't give me an option to change shipping address instead of the billing address..

It tells me I can in step 3 of the ordering process but when I click edit to change address it kicks me back to step 2...

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Awesome thanks!

Now I have another question for him lol. I want to have them shipped to my work instead of home since I am working more than at home, it doesn't give me an option to change shipping address instead of the billing address..

It tells me I can in step 3 of the ordering process but when I click edit to change address it kicks me back to step 2...

Never mind I apparently just can't read.. :D

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Awesome thanks!

Just shoot him an E-mail, just give him a little time to answer. He does nearly everything by himself, keeps prices low. Or call if you're impatient. Lol!
Oops! Too late in my response. Glad you worked it out.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Just shoot him an E-mail, just give him a little time to answer. He does nearly everything by himself, keeps prices low. Or call if you're impatient. Lol!
Oops! Too late in my response. Glad you worked it out.

I finally figured it out, typical me just want to click instead of reading. I placed my order for the 2 I want.... for now :)

Now I am trying to determine what size enclosures I should buy for the two that I ordered one is 1/4"-1/2" and the other is 3/4".

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I finally figured it out, typical me just want to click instead of reading. I placed my order for the 2 I want.... for now :)

Now I am trying to determine what size enclosures I should buy for the two that I ordered one is 1/4"-1/2" and the other is 3/4".
I use these for my slings.
Rubbermaid Take Along containers, get them a the dollar store, 5 pack $2. Plus more durable than flimsy 16 oz. deli cups and easily cleaned for the next occupant.
Don't have nor want a P. murinus, no orange in my collection. [emoji6]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434665705350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434665705350.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434665732167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434665732167.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 14

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nothing wrong with an OBT as long as it is treated with the respect it needs. Buy some long tongs and always watch it while you're doing any maintenance and you'll be okay. My first ever T was an OBT juvi and I've not had a problem with her although I did put her into what is to be her permanent home so I haven't had to rehouse her.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
I use these for my slings.
Rubbermaid Take Along containers, get them a the dollar store, 5 pack $2. Plus more durable than flimsy 16 oz. deli cups and easily cleaned for the next occupant.
Don't have nor want a P. murinus, no orange in my collection. [emoji6]
Ill have to pick some of those up!

I read the OBTs can be turd, but I just have to respect them and know what they are capable of and to stay on my toes.