• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Club Avicularia/Avics

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When do avicularia's start making webs in their home after being transitioned?

Hello
That's Dependant on the T, since I have an Avic Avic female that didn't spin at all for 3 months yet ate etc. While I've housed another Avic Avic, she spun within a day or two same room etc. This is the same with all my other Avic species, I haven't had like a general behavior where I could say all the Avics did exactly the same thing.

ryan johnson

3 Year Member
Hey

So what your saying is that it could be spun by tomorrow or in a month. Just depends on how she wants to do things. And I transitioned her in to a ten gallon tank :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395118516.713844.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395118606.609692.jpg

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey

So what your saying is that it could be spun by tomorrow or in a month. Just depends on how she wants to do things. And I transitioned her in to a ten gallon tank :) View attachment 4864View attachment 4865

Well in all these I have,which are of different Avics, I haven't observed a set behavior so far. Like I said my Avic Avic female, who is very healthy and eats regularly took 3 months to spin a visible web. As for the other Avic Avic, it was within days. This also applies to the others I have, like my multiple Purpurea specimens and so on.

ryan johnson

3 Year Member
Ok. How often should I feed my avic? I tried to feed her today, but she Dident do anything. And I took it out. What should I do?

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is by my own choice, I do not leave feeders in longer than a day or so. I then remove them while they are still alive, smaller Avics I crush the crickets head etc so with those I take them out within hours. I usually try and feed my Avics once a week, if they are healthy no worries meaning a good looking abdomen movement etc.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As long as you feel the cricket is small enough,that it can't injure the T. Since crickets do bite, that's why I always give smaller crickets in ratio of my T. Or I feed them roaches, depending on what you have to feed. Especially with slings, I'm careful with them that's why I said I crush the crickets head.

ryan johnson

3 Year Member
I have what I think is a Juvenile avic. But I bought large crickets today. What should i do. Wait till morning or put one in there now