• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Caught in the act.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No. :(

I gave her a bit of a nudge this morning and she's stiff.

I hate that it happened. I really wanted this group of slings. The other two are fine, one has molted already and the other molted shortly before I got her. I guess it is just one of those things, but it sill sucks.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks HQ. I know losing a sling here and there is part of the hobby, but it always kills me as I wonder if it was something I did or didn't do that caused it.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Highly unlikely DB it Really is just One of them things :(
I wonder to This day How Money survived the bundle in the egg sac (probably because he is devious Not cos Hes tough.) But Ive had slings That Look hardy and eat well die for no apparent reason.
I think We humans still Have a hell of a lot to learn about tarantulas, They are Not like dogs or horses That Have served us for centuries.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is so true. At a sea horse farm I remember them telling us that they had the survival rate up to 50%. This sounded horrible, that over half the babies we were looking at would die. The fellow then told us that in the wild, less than 1% would survive.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love seahorses, Its surprising They are Not extinct at That rate tho.
How is Salvadora, did She grow much ?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Salvadora is doing well. She emerged from her hide late last night. She had retreated to the far back of it. She's a lovely reddish brown. I will attempt to get some pics tonight when I get back in.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Woo-hoo! Looks like my juvie B. smithi and my N. chromatus are looking pre-molty. Both ate earlier this week, but weren't as eager as they normally are. I'll be keeping a close eye on them both. My B. smithi could mature this molt, but I think it will be a couple more before she does. This molt should have my NC in her adult colors. Geez do they grow slowly! I got her as a 1/4 inch sling almost a year ago and she's just at 1.5-2 inches now.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Woo-hoo! Looks like my juvie B. smithi and my N. chromatus are looking pre-molty. Both ate earlier this week, but weren't as eager as they normally are. I'll be keeping a close eye on them both. My B. smithi could mature this molt, but I think it will be a couple more before she does. This molt should have my NC in her adult colors. Geez do they grow slowly! I got her as a 1/4 inch sling almost a year ago and she's just at 1.5-2 inches now.
Really? My n chromatus seem to be growing quite quickly. They are like vultures tho.

Hope the moults go well :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Woo-Hoo!

I just checked on my 8 legged minions for the night and found my C. fasciatum flipped and almost done molting. Hopefully, I will have some pics soon. I didn't want to further disturb her. :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2013-11-14 18.18.08.jpg

RobnBig

3 Year Member
Hey guys/girls. Is my GBB a boy or girl? I freakin suck at this. Help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 8

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can you take another pic with it straightened out a bit more? The area in question is directly between the top set of white patches there.

Latest posts