• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Captive Reared Albuquerque slings: Phidippus Johnsoni, and Phidippus Carneus slings for $20 as well as older Phidippus Comatus slings for $25.

vakusdrake

The pregnant mothers were caught locally in Albuquerque. The slings were born in captivity and start losing their instinctive fear of people pretty quickly, such that the oldest Phidippus Comatus slings have no fear of humans and like to use my hand as a jungle gym.

I made a free wiz website, though I can't figure out why it won't come up in google search results. It has some pictures from the google photo album I link in this post as well as my email and phone number: https://abqjumpingspiders.wixsite.com/abq-jumping-spiders
I should get emailed if you message me either on here, or on my website.

Shipping: Based on the advice of other sellers I intend to use shipyourreptiles.com or a similar live animal shipping service to minimize the chances of a DOA. I ship from ABQ so you should be able to check the shipping cost on the shipping service website. I will begin accepting orders for shipping soon, dependent on when I check the weather along the route and can ensure that the slings won't get below 40F in transit (if you live somewhere cold you will have to wait longer). You should assume that shipping is going to be upwards of $50 as a general rule of thumb.

Local Pickup: If you can drive to a public location in Albuquerque to buy the spiderlings in person, then of course you don't need to pay shipping, and I can also discount you for the time/effort that saves me.

TOS: In the event of a DOA I will refund only the cost of the spider itself, and not shipping: unless you pay for insurance through shipyourreptiles (or similar) such that I actually have the money to refund. You must also provide proof in the form of an unboxing video within 5 hours of the delivery time to get a replacement or refund in the event of a DOA.

Payment: I can accept Venmo, Paypal and cash if you can buy in person.

Here is a google photos album of the Phidippus Comatus slings which are a few months old and easier to film:

Here is an album of Princess Pedipalpitina the mother of the Phidippus Johnsoni, and a Phidippus Carneus (not the same one that is the mother): https://photos.app.goo.gl/d7ay6CnJomwgWvsZ9
They're not in the above google photos album, but I can also provide pictures and video of the now deceased mother of the Phidippus Comatus slings if desired.

Here is a really cute video I took recently of Princess Pedipalpitina when she came out of her web to drink water I sprayed in her enclosure (from the above album):

Obligatory Disclaimer: As per forum policy I will not sell merchandise to anyone under the age of 18.

Last edited by a moderator:

vakusdrake

I was able to get shipping quotes for cheaper than anticipated from shipyourreptiles.com for the last two people to ask. So if you are a similar distance from ABQ as the bay area and Arizona, then you should actually expect shipping plus the box to be $31. You can check the shipping cost of a 6x6x6 insulated box on shipyourreptiles quote generator thingy as well, and if you want to buy insurance you will need to pay more for overnight vs 2 Day.
It's harder than expected to find boxes that meet the standards of the shipping services in Albuquerque, but I've ordered some. So if I can't find something in a few days then at the very least I can begin accepting orders and shipping them in a week once the $3 insulated boxes arrive.

Latest posts