• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yippee I have my gooty

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
So I ordered a gooty ornamental sibling which is coming tomorrow (tues 28th jan) and went to the pet store only to find another gooty so I had to buy it so now im gonna have 2
20140127_192011.jpg

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Cheers martin very interesting at the moment the temp is 26 °c and the humidity is between 50 and 60 would you say this is ideal

Spidro

3 Year Member
Wow, very cool looking T, love the stripes on the abdomin. Best of luck with her/him \m/

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I keep my pokies bone dry with a waterbowl when they hit juvie stage. Only time they get lots of moisture is when I am breeding them. As slings I spray one side of their enclosure once a week or so.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Really. Ive read care sheets gone to reptile stores and some people say keep moisture/humidity high while others say keep them dry only mist once twice a week. But you have obviously kept and bred pokies ssuccessfully I also have a water bowl in mine the substrate is not bone dry but a bit moist thats due to new substrate. Thanks for the info ceratogrus

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I try to give them a bit of a soak once or twice a year, but else it is very dry unless they are breeding.
No problem. :)

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
20140127_183431.jpg
update been in her new home for her first night not excepting food as yet once she settled she will eat
Also expecting my sibling gooty today will post picks when littlen arrives

Last edited:

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Little update my big gooty looks like shes settled now I recently put a tube hollow piece of bark in and left her over night tnis morning she was inside it cleaning her self so thats a good sign. The sling still hasn't eaten not worried yet as he/she abdomen is big and healthy I put a pin head in with her but not sure if its maybe to small.

Latest posts