• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

mercydrury

I know Wyatt is not a T but this is a special moult. My Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose) hatched from his egg 5 years ago on the 29th July 2019 and has been with me since he was just 4 weeks old and until today I have never seen him shed as he's always done it either in a burrow or one of his hides.

View attachment 73497
Omg I want a hog nose more than anything he is gorgeous!!! Here’s a retic my daughter wanted at our last expo but I’m a sucker for their tiny noses how long is Mr Wyatt?

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpeg
    IMG_2386.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,424

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oooommmgggg I love his face banding too!!! The ones at my reptile store are so tiny but next on my list!! I just want to rub Wyatt’s sweet nose! Oh I just noticed he even has a stripe down his belly scutes

He actually has a habit of rubbing his nose into my hand as if he's trying to dig into it.
They are tiny when they first hatch but if you get one make sure it's feeding well as they can be difficult to get started.
They can also play dead when they're young
1721859337307.jpeg

Last edited:

mercydrury

Sssttooopp with the cuteness!!! I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard ever!! K I’ll take a pic Friday when I go in see if he’s a good size! They only had him a week I have visited him 4 days in a row. I’m currently in a hotel well my pipes get fixed for 3 weeks with 31 T’s and 9 jumpers hiding in drawers so I don’t get kicked out it’s only reason I haven’t snagged him yet. Thanks for sharing these cute pics!!!!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sssttooopp with the cuteness!!! I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard ever!! K I’ll take a pic Friday when I go in see if he’s a good size! They only had him a week I have visited him 4 days in a row. I’m currently in a hotel well my pipes get fixed for 3 weeks with 31 T’s and 9 jumpers hiding in drawers so I don’t get kicked out it’s only reason I haven’t snagged him yet. Thanks for sharing these cute pics!!!!

I'm sure they'd hold him for you for a deposit.
I used to breed hognoses so if you need advice you know where to come.
Hope those pipes get fixed quickly.

mercydrury

Woke up this morning to find one of my Lasiocyano sazmai molted out to mm .
He really is gorgeous!! Actually my favorite one to keep! Can I ask how old he is? Mines a pretty slow grower! And while I’m here my P irminia molted and got her orange feets I’ll have to post a better pic when I rehouse her inn2 weeks!

Attachments

• IMG_6999.jpeg
    IMG_6999.jpeg
    931.2 KB · Views: 5

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Haya, my OBT RCF has moulted although I've not seen it yet as it's still hiding down amongst the webbing.

DSCF7046(1).JPG

Latest posts