• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Salatia

Versicolor molted, caught it hanging from the enclosure the other night. And my Y.diversipes chucked a molt this morning. But only the leg and chelcirae/frontal segment. The rest is in their web den. Very helpful!

Have a purpurea, a minatrix, and a metallica all ready to moult but not yet done. Shiny butts, darker by the day. E.cyanagothus has molted based on size, but hasn't ejected theirs from the den.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Three of the T's we brought from Bedford invert show had molts in their enclosures when we got them home.

Pamphobeteus sp. Mascara.. female.
heteropoda boiei (Litchen Huntsman.)
A geniculata. Female.

Anthony York

3 Year Member
My p. Regalis molted recently just happened to catch her out couldn't open the door she runs when I touch it

Attachments

• 20221003_200942.jpg
    20221003_200942.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20221003_200822.jpg
    20221003_200822.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12

Tarino Palma

I have a few to report!! My P. cambridgei, Hapalopus Sp Columbia (large), H. Gigas (still has a do not disturb sign up and is down in the abyss) and my T. Vagans molted in the mail on the way over. He’s just a 1/4” squirt so i didn’t get pics of that either. Lots of legs lol!

Attachments

• 4620FFB6-0580-44B8-80A1-DFFD94ED3139.png
    4620FFB6-0580-44B8-80A1-DFFD94ED3139.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • A668AA32-AAAF-4EB8-9A0C-B9401099F412.png
    A668AA32-AAAF-4EB8-9A0C-B9401099F412.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 6

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One of our hamorii molted a couple of days ago & yesterday checking on him we noticed all was not well. One of her legs is malformed.
I am not too worried, it's not like he does not have 7 other good legs, or that he is a wild T. His food is provided weekly & one bad lag is no big deal.
This was their first molt with us & we know she is actually a he. The enclosure had no sticker on it, but we had always thought of him as a her.

x_raphael_xx

One of our hamorii molted a couple of days ago & yesterday checking on him we noticed all was not well. One of her legs is malformed.
I am not too worried, it's not like he does not have 7 other good legs, or that he is a wild T. His food is provided weekly & one bad lag is no big deal.
This was their first molt with us & we know she is actually a he. The enclosure had no sticker on it, but we had always thought of him as a her.

If it bothers him too much, he will drop the leg. He’ll start growing it back the next molt.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If it bothers him too much, he will drop the leg. He’ll start growing it back the next molt.
Yes, I know thanks. I have had a few mystery gimp boxes from The Spider Shop & watching T's regrow legs is one of natures wonders.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I seem to have had a run of slings moulting this last week

Jobo, my Euthycaelus colonica. Sadly no pic of this one as there's too much web in the container.

Levisa, the Phormictopus auratus
DSCF6122.JPG

Nhandu tripepi, Iguazu
DSCF6123.JPG

Brachypelma albiceps, Cholula. Sorry it's so blurred
DSCF6124 (2).JPG

Chilobrachys sp. kaeng krachan, Pali
DSCF6127 (2).JPG

Cyriopagopus minax, Khorat
DSCF6126.JPG

Latest posts