• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Chilobrachys guangxiensis, Sanya, moulted yesterday

DSCF5956 (2).JPG

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We have had several molts over the past 7 days.
Strangely last Wedensday we started with a Nhandu carapoensis Juvi, who is now sexed as a male & today we had a guess what? Yes, a Nhandu carapoensis.

In between those two we had.
Lasiodora klugi, Juvi.
Grammostola porteri. An AF who I brought about 2- 3 years ago & this was her first molt with us.
Neoholothele incei gold. Juvi.
Omothymus violaceopes. juvi.
Theraphosa blondi, sling.
Tliltocatl albopilosus. Nicaragua. AF.
G Rosea. Largish sling.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My jonnycashii which I brought off @T-Baby in Feb 2020 has just had her first molt with me. It took well over 40 hours on her back, but I came down this morning to a new, if slightly tired girl.

Salatia

I'm not sure when my P.regalis moulted, I think this time last week - it was Tues/Wed when I saw a flash of foreleg and remember thinking "hmm your colours look brighter than I remember...and your leg looks a bit fatter..." then on Thursday I tried to retrieve the old hide from the new enclosure and found the molt having been evicted. Still don't have the cork bark. Think that's just a permanent fixture. Theres a nice new big one in there but I didn't feel like arguing.

Last night my G.pulcheripes moulted as well - looked down after watering some of the guys to see them looking translucent and thats when I realised there was a moult below them. Always seem to miss those!

Heering80

Today when I got home from work, our Caribena versicolor sling had molted. It was a nice suprice, since we have had our T's for only two weeks or so now, and it haven't eaten much at all during that time. I was a bit worried that it was due to shipping stress, but apparently not. This hobby is so cool ☺️

Salatia

Today when I got home from work, our Caribena versicolor sling had molted. It was a nice suprice, since we have had our T's for only two weeks or so now, and it haven't eaten much at all during that time. I was a bit worried that it was due to shipping stress, but apparently not. This hobby is so cool ☺️
Cool, and totally bizarre. A good amount of the time you have no idea if all is good or not. A lot of *that* time is because you don't know where half of them are. Are they actually still in the enclosures, or are they creeping up on you every time you turn your back in a big swarm? My reassurance there is that if they were loose my regalis probably would have already eaten me ‍♀️

Did some water top ups before bed and turned off the light. But as I'd turned to do so I'd spotted something - wrong way up. Now these days I only *mildly* panic upon seeing this, as I remind myself that's pretty much how and why it all works. Except their legs were that little bit curled and I was worried, despite knowing what a death curl looks like, because I only caught a glance and they're small etc. In this case as well, the colour contrast both in how vivid the colour itself was vs wasn't, and how wet vs dry the different parts were really stood out. So it looked pretty bad. Totally normal moult though. Just looks a bit different on different colours, and especially when it's a T who has previously been burrowed while moulting. Would be nice if they'd signpost when undertaking the process though!

So +1 moult to my Kochiana brunnipes.