• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P. victorii surprised me this morning by taking out the trash :)
C40078DC-42E8-4888-A7FD-9743A6754225.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

Cuddles the P.ornata molted today.
I thought she had already molted in her webbing as hadn’t seen her for a while, and then she came out a couple of days ago.
Was a little worried as today I was moving all the pets into my new Zoo Room and only spotted her mid molt after I’d moved her.
Luckily it looks like she molted okay despite the disturbance.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
It seems that a few of my tarantulas decided to synch up and molt at the same time.

ym59bzo.jpg

Super tiny Pseudhapalopus sp. blue came out with the first bits of blue color. She had been a dull brown. She's still very, very small, but she's starting to grow now.

bRQfGcw.jpg

My Avicularia avicularia molted. I had a feeling this one was coming. She had been running laps around her enclosure and was super active, then suddenly got into her web tube and just hunkered down and did very little. I was hoping for a molt and not a death. Thankfully it was the former!

dJ7cwb6.jpg

My OBT, also secure in a web tube, ended up molting. I feared death at first, but then I saw a seperate ball of legs moving around and the molt became more clear.

Qx3CypX.jpg

It's hard to see because she's been at the bottom of this enclosure since the first week, but there's definitely a molt and a spider in that little cave. She's still sealed off in the bottom and refuses to come out, but she's moving around just fine so far, and it's good to see that she was in a premolt.

Not a bad day so far!

Latest posts