• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

when to feed larger meals.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im feeling a bit sentimental as my gorgeous little b smithi had his first size two cricket today. He tucked in with great enthusiasm after his moult last week. None of my other babies seem ready yet for bigger meals although Saturn thunder and flamenco are from the same egg sac as herculed. Does anyone have guidelines for increasing small babies meals?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like to go based on the size of the spiders abdomen. 1/2 the size of the abdomen is a good sized meal imo. However that's not to say larger isn't acceptable. My Parahybana regulary took roaches similar in size to itself when it was young and it grew into a gorgeous adult with out any complications.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for that sound advice! I think it Will be a while before any of my others have the next size up, maybe after next moult. I had six of my fourteen spiders moult last week and Hercules has grown the most. Hes a handsome friendly lad but not got his b smithi stripes yet.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have never had so many moult in a week. Tsunami was kicking her skin around her pot and getting quite irate. Flamenco laid on hers and totally refused to hand it over i had to trade the devious little madam a soggy cotton wool ball for her skin. They are so funny.

Latest posts