• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What the hell?

Atx13

3 Year Member
My little obt is in a death curl??? this morning she was walking around fine as day, doing some webbing... I look in about 5 mins ago and legs curled underneath it, and on her back.. No she isn't moulting, just moulted sunday night... Not dehydrated, ab. is nice and plump... dont no what it could... No mold or anything either...

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no I really hope your baby is ok I don't know what it can be. Has she / eaten since moult yet ?

Atx13

3 Year Member
No.. I was gonna feed her and my G. pulchripes tonight when i got off work.. give them 4 days to harden up.. I mean, she could have eaten this morning if she wanted to... She was ready...
I turned up the heat on her, at about 85 right now, put her in an icu... guess we'll see :(... this sucks.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Totally sucks, so sorry for ya, hope she recovers quickly. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Thanks, what really sucks... I just got a new job, and no personal days.. So I can't call off to keep an eye on her... Put her in an ICU to see if that helps... I honestly think she is gone tho... Never had this happen before...

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Will your girlfriend check on her and text you updates. She might be ok by time you get home hopefully.

Atx13

3 Year Member
She works pretty much the same hours as I do.. about to head home.. Hoping she pulled thru.

Atx13

3 Year Member
She didn't make it :(.. I Searched her cage, no signs of mold, mites or anything like that.. I've never heard of a T just dying like that... She was a little over 2" after her last moult..

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ken has 1 inch and 4 inch females atm, Paul @ Petcenter has .75-1inchers.

Can't recall seeing anything bigger recently. :(

Atx13

3 Year Member
Ken has a few things im interested in, that nobody else has. Not to mention Centipedes :D