• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What T are you waiting to own?

Will

3 Year Member
I really want a T stirmi or T blondi, I just haven't figured out a) how I'd maintain the moist substrate without the mould problems that go with it, b) whether I'd use real plants or not, and c) where the massive enclosure would go.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am literally waiting for these two as the P. metallicas are yet eggs-with-legs the past couple of weeks. The breeder will be releasing them in a week or two so I got myself one. The other is my replacement geniculata. I just asked the breeder to ship them together so that I can save on the courier charge. ;) Now, my patience is running thin. :rolleyes:

Bugmom

3 Year Member
Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus. I wasn't willing to pay over $300 for them when they were available earlier this year. Just got two Harpactira pulchripes and 2 Megaphobema mesomelas in, and I have a mature female Brachypelma baumgarteni on the way soon (paid for, just waiting for her to molt).

syzygy

3 Year Member
Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus. I wasn't willing to pay over $300 for them when they were available earlier this year. Just got two Harpactira pulchripes and 2 Megaphobema mesomelas in, and I have a mature female Brachypelma baumgarteni on the way soon (paid for, just waiting for her to molt).

I'm jealous. Probably my favorite T ever was my Megaphobema robustum and the mesomelas are absolutely amazing looking. I thought about getting one of them but I'm trying to stay with T's that don't have higher humidity requirements. Please post pics!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hopefully my Harpactira Pulchripes and Euathlus sp Red will be here a week on Sunday as long as the weather doesn't get bad and prevent sym driving across country to bring them.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really want a T stirmi or T blondi, I just haven't figured out a) how I'd maintain the moist substrate without the mould problems that go with it, b) whether I'd use real plants or not, and c) where the massive enclosure would go.
a) Mix peat moss, coco fiber, and vermiculite to keep the moisture, lots of ventilation to prevent mold.
b) i'd go fake, much easier and i'm lazy
c) what an awesome coffee table that would make huh?

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not really waiting for any T at the moment (space is tight lol), but maybe when some of my current ones have passed over the rainbow bridge (so far most seem to be female, so there is quite some time yet lol), I might consider trying it again with a P. Metallica.
I also love the looks of the O. Violaceopes (formerly L. Violaceopes), but so far I don't think I am experienced enough for one. Maybe I could grow with a sling, but them there is a great chance of it turning out male and admittedly it's the female colours that attracts me to them.
Also still ogling at B. Auratum, A. Diversipes and/or Purpurea and OMG, I made the mistake to check spelling on one of "my" suppliers web page and they now have a huge selection and all of the above spiders, too, lol.

micheldied

3 Year Member
Plenty of Ts I want. But these are some that are at the top of my list, and I should have them soon:

Another H. pulchripes (I already have one, which I'm sure is female), Poecilotheria subfusca (I have a male), P. "bara", Theraphosa apophysis, T. blondi, Pamphobeteus antinous, and not a T, Scolopendra gigantea.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tomorrow will be shipping day for my couple of Ts. A Pmet and a genic. Hope the shipment will push through. :rolleyes:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tomorrow will be shipping day for my couple of Ts. A Pmet and a genic. Hope the shipment will push through. :rolleyes:
Nice! I'm waiting for either payday or tax return, whichever hits my bank first ;)

Once i have money i'll be completing my collection for a while, B. smithi, A. seemanni, B. baumgarteni, and a GBB. I took the Avics' off to get the baumgarteni :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow, that's a lot of Ts. I hoped you're not too impatient as it is sweeter when your T comes in the right time. Just don't rush it. ;)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ken has A. metallica slings for $20 - 1/2", Got our A. versicolor from Jamies, same size for $40, she also has 1" slings for $45
Ken also has sexed T Stirmi, male and female, both 4"+, for $69 and $99.

Just happened to be pricing my next order when i read this ;) I haven't seen a T. blondi yet on the vendor sites i've been watching.
Stamps has blondis and apophysis as well. He always has the rarer ones, but you will pay for them:) Personally, I feel like some are worth it, like those two, a few others. Plus he has some really good deals if you subscribe to his newsletter. I'm just waiting on spring :)

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
Can't pick just one!

E.Sp Red(I want to buy an adult female. They are pretty expensive though)
T.Gigas(Not ready yet)
P.Subfusca(Not ready yet)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
They have been ordered, so I'm just waiting for good temps and them to ship but another Tap, a Heterothele gabonensis and a Kochiana brunnipes all slings.

(I got my Tax returns and then may paycheck within a week of each other >_>)