• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What other pets do you currently have?

Listershat

3 Year Member
Yeah, Bull Terriers are the best family dogs - so good with kids. Poor Oscar's only 5, so I hope he gradually improves and isn't like this for the rest of his life.

thistle77

3 Year Member
I've got a shih tzu called Archie and a westie called Angus
SUC52092.jpg

4 African pygmy hedgehogs. Here's Amelia being watched closely by Archie, he's actually frightened to take his eyes off of her in case she sneaks up on him.
SUC52600.jpg

3 corn snakes. Barnaby (amelanistic), Bradley (caramel motley) and Bailey (anery lavender)
8d73d492.jpg

c85148d3.jpg

a2509f3c.jpg

A gorgeous little Western hoognose called Maggie.
EC260BD5-7C6C-4ECC-ABD9-52B05A9A3612-4216-00001A8962724E48.jpg

2 ****atiels, a lutino called Sammy that is very bonded to me and wont leave me alone, and a white faced cinnamon called Willow that I got a few weeks ago as company for Sammy, to see if i'd get some peace. I hate birds in cages, so these 2 have the flight of the house 24/7, though they generally stay in my room with me.
0DAB2B93-430E-482F-B910-8BB8484A49C9-232-000000FEBD8FB366.jpg

Finally 2 guinea-pigs that are free-range in my room. For some reason I don't have any pictures of them in my photobucket. I'll need to take some.

jtrux

3 Year Member
I got the python when she was a week old from a local breeder. I was 13 about to go into HS when I got her and i've had her ever since.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I might be fostering (maybe permanently) a turtle soon. Waiting to find out exact info on species atm.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In the past I have had resident box turtles, but I would love to have a MASSIVE tortoise patrolling my gardens!

jtrux

3 Year Member
You only have to worry about housing them in the winter. You really oughtta look into South African Leopard tortoises. They are a little more expensive...300 or so but they get larger than a regular Leopard tort and are more cold tolerant (as adults) as well so it would work out well for you. They are a very attractive tortoise too but like I said, price is higher. If you happen to look for them they are typically referred to as Gpp or pardalis pardalis leopards.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmm...never thought about building a tortoise house....lol

I always put a bale of straw between a big rock, tree, and the foundation of the house out for the box turtles that decided to hang out in winter at my old house.

I have only been in this house a little over a year with my hubby. I am in the process (slow and tedious that it is) of installing the gardens and out buildings as I want. Since we are still shaping out future plans I don't want to put in too many permanent structures yet, but a fenced food garden area is on my list! Which, having mostly raised beds, would be perfect for an attack tortoise to patrol!

jtrux

3 Year Member
We see freezes here in San Antonio and when my tort gets big enough to be outside i'm gonna be building something outside for him. I'm gonna be buying several (5 or so) of the SA leopard tortoises I told you about and a whole bunch of sulcatas too so i'll need a place to keep them all. I won't be keeping them all forever though, just buying a bunch, picking my favorites and selling the rest.