• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What not to feed slings ?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I may try that at some point. I just fear that the crickets will grow faster than my slings could eat them. I guess I could give them to my chickens as a treat though... :)
The hubby also stated this morning that 'crickets stink' so I am researching how often I can change their substrate and compost it in the worm bin to minimize odors.

Any thoughts?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I may try that at some point. I just fear that the crickets will grow faster than my slings could eat them. I guess I could give them to my chickens as a treat though... :)
The hubby also stated this morning that 'crickets stink' so I am researching how often I can change their substrate and compost it in the worm bin to minimize odors.

Any thoughts?

Crickets don't stink if you take care of them properly. Clean ou their foodand water source daily and spot clean every couple days.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do you raise your own? What's the set up like? I have been reading online and there seems to be a plethora of ways to set up for breeding crickets.

On another note, do you "gut load" your crickets and roaches?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I feed my cricket fish flakes and greens.
I do breed my own, just so I have ample pinheads. It's a simple process. I posted it somewhere I'll go find it.