• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is everyone's favorite video games? :)

SullivanC

I personally love doom2 and few other games :)

Attachments

• doom51.png
    doom51.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 8

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The Legacy of Kain series and the first couple of Silent Hill games are probably my favourites. Probably more so for the story lines rather than the gameplay, which would seem dated to todays standards.
At the moment though, I'm currently 4235 hours into DayZ and 888 hours on Elder Scrolls Online.

x_raphael_xx

VR makes you dizzy right? I havent tried VR yet but people say its great so I have to try that out one day :) what do you think of the new silent hill game coming out?
Oh I can wear the VR for longer than that. Beatsaber and Space Pirate Trainer are great games on the VR.
But standing in a creepy basement while a ghosty breathes in your ear, I have to nope out of there! Horror isn't my usual genre, I did start playing Alien Isolation a while back. I'm not very good :D

MBullock

3 Year Member
Platformers, fighting games, beat-em-ups

Mega man X, Sonic 1-3, Mario All-stars, street fighter 2-alpha 3, killer instinct 1, ultimate mortal kombat 3 are some of my favs. Ps1 had some good games too, rayman was one of the best platformers out there.

SullivanC

The Legacy of Kain series and the first couple of Silent Hill games are probably my favourites. Probably more so for the story lines rather than the gameplay, which would seem dated to todays standards.
At the moment though, I'm currently 4235 hours into DayZ and 888 hours on Elder Scrolls Online.
Those are good games but yeah silent hill really does have interesting story, I know they are a video game but story of silent hill feels more like a movie than it does a video game. Did you like the western silent hill games or the japanese ones?

SullivanC

Oh I can wear the VR for longer than that. Beatsaber and Space Pirate Trainer are great games on the VR.
But standing in a creepy basement while a ghosty breathes in your ear, I have to nope out of there! Horror isn't my usual genre, I did start playing Alien Isolation a while back. I'm not very good :D
It is good that you are able to handle using the vr well :) I hear many people getting extremely dizzy playing games on it but I am guessing it all depends if you get used to it or not

SullivanC

Platformers, fighting games, beat-em-ups

Mega man X, Sonic 1-3, Mario All-stars, street fighter 2-alpha 3, killer instinct 1, ultimate mortal kombat 3 are some of my favs. Ps1 had some good games too, rayman was one of the best platformers out there.
Those are some good games yes :) I love fighting games, I remember playing sonic alot back in the days it was great times :D mortal kombat is nice too but did you play final fight games as well? I am guessing you did since its beat em up games :) streets of rage recently got fourth game and it was really good

MBullock

3 Year Member
Those are some good games yes :) I love fighting games, I remember playing sonic alot back in the days it was great times :D mortal kombat is nice too but did you play final fight games as well? I am guessing you did since its beat em up games :) streets of rage recently got fourth game and it was really good
my favorite beat-em-ups are Simpsons arcade and TMNT turtles in time.
Didnt actually play Final Fight but I'm pretty good with Guy in Street Fighter Alpha so that partially counts? lol

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Favorites overall:

God Hand- PS2 game made by a studio that was under the capcom umbrella but is now defunct. If you’ve never heard of it, it is a weird game that I can only describe as a mix of dead rising and final fantasy. I’ve beaten it a few dozen times over the years.

Mortal Kombat 4- this game ignited my love for the series.

Tekken 3- the first game I remember playing.

Assassins creed 2- it’s a classic

God of war (2018)- best story

Modern games not named god of war:

Monster Hunter Rise/sunbreak and GU- If you haven’t hunted Gore/shagaru magala before, you Haven’t truly experienced a Monster Hunter game in my opinion.

Fromsoft games in general- I love a challenge.

Kingdoms of amalur: re-reckoning- A remake of an older title that is so underrated it’s sad. Great soundtrack, interesting art style, and a pretty good story for a fantasy RPG.

Dragon’s dogma dark arisen- a remaster of an older title, but is on literally every platform now. The game has unique mechanics that other developers have tried to mimic, but have failed miserably.

Outward- dark souls mixed with DayZ but single player or 2 player online or couch Co-Op with dragon’s dogma graphics.

arachbiodude

I’m playing that right now as I type this, but not hardcore. Not a fan of permadeath mechanics and I’m still working my way up the ladder with three different characters.
I am a Necromancer with blood Nova and bone explosion. I have a blessed seasonal weapon. I can take life and explode enemies. Very deadly.

Latest posts