• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unpacking my H Incei slings

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2014-04-04 12.13.45.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There are five, one is bowling around like it owns the place and the others are standing around like they are at a party where they dont know anyone. Im besotted already. Will take some decent pics when they have settled in.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bandit who is off to stud on sunday. Very sad to part with him, big stripey hunk will be hugely missed. Hope i get some slings off him.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Martin i hope Bandit gets through it safely. He is a lot bigger than his brother who i gave away last year and a bit skittish, Pirate would never run away but Bandit is a bit nifty so hope that goes in his favour, the pic dont do him justice but he is by far the biggest genic ive ever seen.
The H Inceis are great fun. I cant see me going to work tomorrow when im engrossed in watching them settle in :)

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Martin i hope Bandit gets through it safely. He is a lot bigger than his brother who i gave away last year and a bit skittish, Pirate would never run away but Bandit is a bit nifty so hope that goes in his favour, the pic dont do him justice but he is by far the biggest genic ive ever seen.
The H Inceis are great fun. I cant see me going to work tomorrow when im engrossed in watching them settle in :)

Haha well said,I hope all goes well. If the person who's breeding him knows his stuff,all should go just fine. Unforseen things do occur, but I'm always optimistic. You will see those H.incei web,looks really nice. Had to add just fed my Poecilotheria Regalis communal,and it was awesome yet again.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How big are the p. regalis Martin? I bet they are amazing ! Did you breed them yourself ? Im feeling quite confident about Bandit as i say hes big and a bit skittish so hope he will look after himself. Just sad i wont see him again and it was a shock as i was convinced he was female i never get his moults off him in one piece.
Going to look at Taras new babies now :)

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How big are the p. regalis Martin? I bet they are amazing ! Did you breed them yourself ? Im feeling quite confident about Bandit as i say hes big and a bit skittish so hope he will look after himself. Just sad i wont see him again and it was a shock as i was convinced he was female i never get his moults off him in one piece.
Going to look at Taras new babies now :)

Hello
No received the P.Regalis as a communal,so far one mature male and female others unsexed. A sure great sight to see,they they hunt without bothering each other. As for your male,again hope all goes well always better to have a strong big male the smaller ones usually fail.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How many are there altogether? Im looking forward to feeding my new ones :) Yes i thought Pirate was big until Bandit matured but he is huge and quite chunky. Im sure they will look after him and he will look after himself, hes not stupid.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How many are there altogether? Im looking forward to feeding my new ones :) Yes i thought Pirate was big until Bandit matured but he is huge and quite chunky. Im sure they will look after him and he will look after himself, hes not stupid.

They are 6 in total,not as glamorous as others communal setups sure it will grow in time.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
H.incei is a great starter communal species. :)
I have seen a few reports of communals going south though, so if you happen to see any feeding on each other, maybe it's time to separate them.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm keeping an eye on them. One of them struts around looking pleased with itself but no problems so far :) The others have made burrows and the other one just goes round poking his nose in everyone else's business. They are so cool.

Latest posts