• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thrixopelma ockerti ??

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've been very depressed and needed a pick me up, so, filled a wish :rolleyes:
R4BeMdC.png

micheldied

3 Year Member
I haven't had them myself, but most people I've heard keep them either semi-arboreal, much like GBBs or OBTs, or as arboreals. A few keep them like terrestrials. That probably means they're going to adapt to whatever you give them anyway, and I haven't heard of them falling to their death so height shouldn't be a problem should you choose to keep them fully arboreal.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
One thing Kymura, I get these at hobby lobby or the container store for slings, easy to drill holes with a dremel tool, or burn them with a soldering iron. $1-$3 for them, depending on the size. cheaper than the arboreal kit, anyway :)
box 011.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MassExodus dammit! I literally was just there while daughter ran in! The little set up was just for quick start though as I needed substrate etc. I love Jamie's and her prices are great, but have to fix the vents before I'll put my babies in there. The vents are sharp enough to slice you open. (Turns car around)
@Entity lol yes, funny thing is those are the two on my wish list for next time !!

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I haven't had them myself, but most people I've heard keep them either semi-arboreal, much like GBBs or OBTs, or as arboreals. A few keep them like terrestrials. That probably means they're going to adapt to whatever you give them anyway, and I haven't heard of them falling to their death so height shouldn't be a problem should you choose to keep them fully arboreal.
Going to house it slightly larger then it needs and let it choose , it's a sling so I'm sure it will burrow but all future housing is going to be based on what it seems to prefer with climbing ares provided :) so excited. Not sure why there are others with a red abdomen but this one just called to me :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura have u email Jamie at all? I emailed her like 4 times and she never got back to me. thats not like her. I was wondering since she redid her website if maybe it wasnt working properly or something. course im sure shes super busy with slings at present too.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura have u email Jamie at all? I emailed her like 4 times and she never got back to me. thats not like her. I was wondering since she redid her website if maybe it wasnt working properly or something. course im sure shes super busy with slings at present too.
Takes her a while, I did email her a few times as I changed my original order
and it took a couple days each time, give it one more day she may just be swamped getting to them all ^^

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Takes her a while, I did email her a few times as I changed my original order
and it took a couple days each time, give it one more day she may just be swamped getting to them all ^^
K. Yeah emailed her in the past and it was never a problem. Just havent heard anything from her.

Latest posts