• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Handling

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
945483_10200268788215450_1651669966_n.jpg
Just so you know handling your T is about this same idea. A Betta fish can technically breathe air, but handling it would be for your benefit only. It does nothing for the fish, and nothing for the T. Thanks to Elspeth Spencer from the "Tarantula Planet" FaceBook group for originally posting this.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Well, I tend to differ somewhat. Getting a T used to being handled makes things a whole lot easier for the times when it must be handled. Just my take. :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To each his own. I have yet to come across any credible evidence (objective, science based facts) that T's 'get used' to being handled. A lot of it depends on temperament, a lot on the individual circumstances. I can think of no reason a T would have to be handled. There are deli cups, vials etc.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Totally cracking up at the thought you sitting on the sofa, stroking a tin of tuna while watching the telly and telling the fishy bits about your day!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeh I'm not sure if a tin of tuna is too much in early phobia conquering. Maybe fishcakes or fish fingers....

Latest posts