• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tarantula dies from eating superworm?

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
well. a friend of my dad told me not to feed superworms to my T's. he told me that one of his spiders died three days after he fed it a superworm. what could be the possibilities?

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
I can tell you right now a large amount of T hobbyist feed their T super worms so this is not true. it possible that it could have been a bad worm. I have heard speculation of their being bad crickets that have kill T after being eaten. ultimately since we don't know how old his T was, the condition he kept it, or other information. then we can't really be sure how it died. but the chances of it being a super worm is very slim in my opinion.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
when T's die with out explanation it logical to assume something that can explains the death. no one likes an unexplained death, so I can see why he would assume a super worm, but since its a stable food source in the hobby, this is clearly an isolated incident and most likely the death is from something else entirely.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The SW could have been pesticided, or carrying some kind of chemical, or It could have been an Isolated incedent.

Latest posts