• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sharing my mild disappointment

Blackdog

Sooooo I talked to my dealer and he’s assured me that lily will definitely live at least a few more years! And that since I decided to keep him, he’ll cut me a good deal the next time I buy from him, and that the moment any of the Eresus walckenaeri molt female I’ll be contacted. So it’s a happy end for us all. Thank you for listening and leaving all the lovely comments.
That is why you buy local. So glad to hear!!!!!

spideymom

I got my very first store bought arachnid four months back. It was a beautiful Eresus walckenaeri, sold to me as a confirmed female juvenile. I knew nothing about spiders at the time and I have bought many more spiders from the dealer since.
Today she molted out male. White strips on the legs, red with black dots on the back, the whole deal. I hate how disappointed I feel. I swear I really love Lily and I hate that I do feel disappointed.
Just sharing my experience. :(
It's ok I know the males don't live long but they are sometimes very sweet and forgiving creatures, both my males are sweet guys

Latest posts