• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria picture thread

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Poecilotheria miranda freshly moulted

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423193238.837297.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423193238.837297.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 66

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Poecilotheria metallica freshly moulted

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423193271.979392.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423193271.979392.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 74

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
P. Subfusca. Lowland or highland? Can anyone help. It is about 2 inches atm
20160207_200843.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here is on for you Pokie fans. A friend of mine bought a P. Regalis. On the underside is cream band I don't recall seeing on these. Has anyone else seen this on a Regalis or might it be a different species? Sorry about quality of pic. Flash bounced back off the container.
20160210_182052.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
been looking to see as I don't know much about them other then they are arboreal (*****) and I find all of them beautiful, (*****) I'm afraid if I get one I'll need all of them, and that cannot happen till I have all my avics
trbINKO.png

http://www.eightlegs.org/regalis/pokey.html
old thread on ab says they get them at larger size, does not show till about 6 inches (15 cm)

Last edited:

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Here is on for you Pokie fans. A friend of mine bought a P. Regalis. On the underside is cream band I don't recall seeing on these. Has anyone else seen this on a Regalis or might it be a different species? Sorry about quality of pic. Flash bounced back off the container.
View attachment 14145

This is one of the distinguishing features of regalis. Of the Poecilotheria in the hobby, this is the only one with the band

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is one of the distinguishing features of regalis. Of the Poecilotheria in the hobby, this is the only one with the band
Thanks....makes me wonder what others are being sold as I do not recall the band on others I have seen. I am no expert when it comes to Pokies although I do like them a lot!. I have a subfusca.....lowland or highland? (bit of glare from the tub so not the best pick. It is about 2" too so maybe to soon to tell properly.
20160207_200843.jpg

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
They only develop the band at around 8cm, so its not visible on the little ones.
As for the subfusca, I highly doubt that there are any "pure" highland and lowland subfusca's in the hobby (Assuming they are different). They have been so mixed up and interbred in the hobby across the world, that pretty much the only way to clear it up would be to destroy all hobby stock and catch fresh wild specimens (Which obviously shouldn't be done).
That's my opinion anyway. :)

Latest posts